Position: Vice-President, Finance & Fiscal Intermediary Services
Organization: Southern California Grantmakers
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, and in close collaboration with the President & CEO, the Vice-President, Finance will be a hands-on manager overseeing all aspects of the financial management of the organization including fiscal sponsorship and intermediary services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Leadership
- Ensure organization-wide implementation of SCG’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ensures a strong, positive team and organizational culture that values shared leadership, empowering and developing all members of the diverse SCG team, fosters cross-organization teamwork and embraces equity (especially racial equity) in our internal and external work.
- Works strategically across the organizational structure to ensure that all staff is aware of the financial operations, fiscal intermediary services, and sustainability.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings and strategic planning retreats as requested.
- Along with the COO, serves as the liaison, supports and advises the Finance Committee and the Audit Committee.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Manage all fiscal sponsorships and fiscal intermediary work including supervising and managing programmatic as well as financial compliance of the grantees.
- Coordinate and lead annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes as necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the COO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep the President & CEO and COO abreast of the organizaiton’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Manages contracts management and financial management/reporting systems; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management or Finance.
- Five-plus years of broad financial experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and to effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Sincere and demonstrated commitment to advancing social, economic, and racial justice.
- Experience in preparing grant budgets and reports to funders.
- Demonstrated experience in nonprofit financial management and accounting.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget and resource development.
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality work product on a consistent, reliable basis in a fast-paced work environment with ambitious goals.
- Experience leading, developing, and retaining a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Must have an intuitive ability to recognize and appropriately convey the sensitive nature of any situation and the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and ability to translate complex subjects into approachable concepts, solid organizational and project management skills, strong attention to detail, and effective oral, written and online communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a “can-do” attitude in a flexible, collaborative and proactive manner.
- Energetic appetite for working in a fast-paced, mission-focused, non-hierarchical environment of cross-functional teams with shared leadership at all levels where everybody wears multiple hats, and everybody is both a leader and a do-er in their areas.
Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: $105,000 to $125,000 DOE