Position: Special Programs Fellow
Organization: Philanthropy West Virginia
Location: Morgantown, WV
Philanthropy West Virginia connects the Mountain State’s diverse network of philanthropic funders. We strive to inspire community-driven solutions across the state reaching both urban centers and the most rural areas in Appalachia. This advances our mission of “Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.” Philanthropy WV is committed to an inclusive and diverse team, working environment, and members network. Philanthropy West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
Philanthropy West Virginia connects the Mountain State’s diverse network of philanthropic funders. We strive to inspire community-driven solutions across the state reaching both urban centers and some of the most rural areas in Appalachia. We are committed to our mission of Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.
Our vision is: West Virginia has thriving communities, due in part, to a strong and vibrant philanthropic sector. Founded in 1993, Philanthropy WV advances it work built upon our values of: Leadership, Collaboration, Inclusion, Lifelong Learning, Integrity, and Advancing West Virginia.
This fellowship with Philanthropy WV will allow in-depth exposure to the dynamic work of the organization. The fellowship is devoted to assisting the President in the research and development of programs, creating special initiatives and platforms to better serve the different sectors of grantmakers, working with committees and volunteers, and assisting with partnerships/affinity groups. The fellow will report to the President. The opportunity is a part-time position (10 to 20 hours/week) and must be a minimum period of two semesters
or 6 months. This is an hourly paid role. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the person would be working remotely with regular Zoom, phone, email, and other virtual meetings/communication.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Assist the President with special programs, specifically tracking COVID/pandemic philanthropic response, the WV Giving Report, National Outreach/Partnerships, and Affinity Group services
- Research programs, samples, or issues to serve members, philanthropy initiatives, etc.
- Assist with committees/work groups by taking minutes, preparing materials, and distributing them
- Prepare reports, presentations, and drafting documents for the President
- Co-create communication and outreach plans for research, data, and new publications to serve members, partners, and the general public
- Excellent written and oral communication, research, organization and writing skills
- Work with committees and volunteers to coordinate projects
- Commitment to our values of: Leadership, Collaboration, Inclusion, Lifelong Learning, Integrity, and
- Advancing West Virginia
- Ability to work independently and within the constraints of tight deadlines
- Some experience with event and meeting planning, logistics, and coordination
- Undertake special projects and assignments as needed
Majors (Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional)
Public Administration, Business, Business Administration, Management, Public Relations, Public Policy, Law, Political Science/Government, Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Social Work, or other. Previous experience in a nonprofit, philanthropic, or business environment preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, references and a brief writing sample (3-5 pages maximum) on a related topic. Please include the name of the fellowship in the subject of the email and in the cover letter and send it to email@example.com.