Position: Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships
Organization: United Philanthropy Forum
Location: Washington, DC
Do you know how to create a vibrant learning culture? Do you love to play a role in catalyzing new partnerships and connections and building new relationships? Do you want to play an influential role, at the national level, in helping make philanthropy better? Then join the United Philanthropy Forum team as our Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, the Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships plays a key leadership role to ensure that the Forum helps our members achieve their missions and goals through effective and relevant member programming, networking and partnership opportunities. The Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships helps Forum members maximize their engagement in the Forum network, in order to increase the effectiveness and impact of philanthropy across the country. In this role, the position will also support the Forum’s senior leadership in pursuing and implementing new partnerships for programming, research and other opportunities.
The Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals, serving as a key external representative for the Forum with members and other key partners.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary starting in the low 80s, commensurate with experience. The Forum offers a competitive benefits package that includes complete health insurance coverage; employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option; dental insurance coverage; vision and life insurance coverage; commuter transportation benefits; and employer contributions to a 403b retirement plan.
As the largest and most diverse network in American philanthropy, United Philanthropy Forum holds a unique position in the social sector to help increase philanthropy’s impact in communities across the country. We are a membership organization of more than 75 philanthropy associations and networks, representing 7,000 foundations and other funders, who work to make philanthropy better. The Forum envisions a courageous philanthropic sector that catalyzes a just and equitable society where all can participate and prosper.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use the following subject line: “Senior Manager of Member Engagement and Partnerships: Last Name, First Name.” Application deadline is March 31, 2019.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Peer Community member networks, working with appropriate Forum staff and member volunteers, to ensure effective, coordinated and high-quality conference calls, programming and listserv engagement.
- Work with the SVP to manage and support the Forum’s two key bodies of work around philanthropy practice and racial equity, diversity and inclusion, supporting program development and research.
- Manage the Forum’s DC Pipeline Group and explore possible future member networking opportunities, such as regional member networks.
- Work with SVP and CEO to develop new partnerships with mission-aligned colleague organizations.
- Coordinate the curation of website resources for philanthropy practice and racial equity, diversity and inclusion, to meet the needs of Forum members and position the Forum as a leader in providing accessible and quality tools and resource to build the capacity of the philanthropy field.
- Develop and curate partnerships with other organizations, product vendors and contractors to offer benefits and discounts to Forum members.
- Coordinate Forum surveys, research and reports to advance, support and inform the work of Forum’s members, including the Forum’s Compensation & Benefits and Key Metrics surveys and others as required.
- Serve as a key contact for member inquiries.
- Coordinate planning and content for Forum’s Annual Conference, the Forum’s signature annual event, working with Forum team and member volunteers.
- Coordinate planning and content for Forum webinars, conference calls, and other programming.
- Support SVP on all program committees and planning coordination, providing reports.
Evaluation & Assessment
- Plan, manage, analyze and report on evaluations for all Forum programs.
- Lead effort to track, assess and report on member engagement with the Forum and our network.
- Manage Forum’s ongoing efforts to receive member feedback and assess member satisfaction through various feedback loops and member surveys.
- Facilitate partnerships between and among Forum members.
- Help Forum members leverage the full power of the Forum network to meet their missions and goals.
- Manage special projects that may arise to leverage the power of the Forum’s network to increase philanthropy’s impact.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of work experience relevant to the position.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing effective educational programs and evaluation.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated experience in managing complex, multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting clients’ needs: ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients within the parameters of organization strategy.
- Strong organization skills: ability to set priorities, develop schedules, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Strong relationship-building skills: ability to create new relationships and strengthen existing relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess situations, identify causes, gather and process relevant information and generate solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and manage time for optimal productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use technology effectively and to adapt quickly to the use of new technology.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Work in a nonprofit or association setting.
- Understanding of the philanthropy field.
The Forum team has identified the following core competencies as critical for our work:
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Supporting Organizational Goals
We have identified the following role competencies as critical for this position:
- Acting Strategically
- Building and Supporting Teams
- Developing Plans
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
|Senior Manager of Member Engagement & Partnerships Position.pdf||176.88 KB|