The Early Childhood Funders Collaborative (ECFC)(ecfunders.org) is dedicated to aligning and leveraging philanthropic, public, and private resources to promote federal, state, and local policies and practices that take a systemic, equity- focused approach to supporting young children, their families, and the early childhood community. The network of national, regional, and local funders supports the healthy development and learning of children prenatal to age eight and their families, particularly low income and at-risk children, in the context of their communities.
ECFC administers the Raising Child Care Fund, a fund that combines resources to re-grant to state-based grassroots organizing to advance more public investment and equity in childcare. ECFC is a fiscally sponsored program of TSNE (tsne.org).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program and Membership Associate will support and fulfill all essential organizational functions, including administrative and programmatic responsibilities.
Membership Programs, Services, and Development
- Define a ladder of engagement within ECFC and design programs and efforts that involve members at increasing levels of engagement and loyalty to the professional organization.
- Develop and manage the onboarding and retention programs.
- Lead member engagement, ensuring volunteer opportunities are positioned in enticing and accurate ways. Increase the visibility of member contributions and achievements that illustrate a reason to belong and a reason to believe/follow the professional home.
- Collaborate with ECFC members and staff to assess members’ interests and needs and to prioritize, plan and develop high-quality services responsive to those needs.
- Staff the ECFC Membership Committee, working with them to identify prospective members and determine the best services to offer to members. This includes working with the Executive Director and Membership Committee Chair to plan meetings, develop meeting materials, and follow through with action steps from meetings.
- Lead the annual member contribution process in partnership with the Executive Director and fiscal staff.
- Respond promptly and thoroughly to member inquiries and requests, completing necessary research to provide needed information and resources.
- Drive member satisfaction, lapsed member, and inquiry surveys.
- Develop membership reporting and monitor regularly to report on trends and anomalies to drive decision-making.
- Maintain extensive records of all programs and services through databases and other records.
- Develop and maintain membership materials, including the member information on the ECFC
- Support outreach and relations with both prospective and current members through answering inquiries and assisting new members with onboarding.
Stakeholder Communications and Management
- Serve as the lead on the ECFC customer relationship database, including working to design the classification system within the database, serving as a liaison for training and TA with other staff.
- Draft correspondence and communication with members, prospective members, and other
- Develop, with ECFC staff, members, and other contributors, newsletters, social media, and website content.
- Provide support to committee structure – maintain committee rosters, build contact lists for committees, and manage scheduling and logistics of committee When asked, provide agenda development, dissemination, and notetaking.
- Provide content support, including planning programming and developing written resources for funders.
- Plan and execute virtual meetings and events, including managing logistics and content.
- Serve as on-site support for ECFC in-person meetings and events with a goal of increasing member engagement.
- Work with Executive Director on grant proposals and grant reporting, especially as relates to member relationships and member contributions.
- Provide Executive Director with support on travel, scheduling, and speaking logistics.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Commitment to ECFC’s goals, mission, and values, especially including ECFC’s commitment to racial equity.
- Experience in member organizations with growing membership and member engagement. Experience in philanthropy or in a subject field related to early childhood is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to design and implement
- Strong customer service skills including follow-through, strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction in pursuing projects and
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Zoom and virtual meeting platforms, and working in an online environment.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple and simultaneous
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects while paying close attention to
- Familiarity with software and sharing platforms for managing membership organizations and virtual organizations. Specific experience using the CRM Hubspot is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Regarding COVID-19: TSNE considers the health and safety of our employees of the utmost importance, and due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and subject to your state and local laws, our policy requires that all employees performing in-person work at a TSNE designated office are fully vaccinated. For the purpose of this policy, fully vaccinated indicates that you have received a single dose of the Janssen vaccine, or both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. Certain exemptions may be requested and will be considered by Human Resources.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed remote. The employee is expected to provide a home office that is conducive to productive office work, including projecting a professional environment on virtual meetings. The employee is expected to be able to provide the basics of a home office including phone and internet connection and appropriate office furniture. TSNE/ECFC can provide necessary computer equipment (e.g., laptop computer, printer) and office supplies.
Schedule: Minimum of 20 hours per week, over at least 4 days per week, with most hours between noon – 5 pm Eastern time to accommodate the work hours of our members in all U.S. time zones. ECFC meetings and programs are generally in the afternoons Eastern time. Working outside of traditional work hours to support time-sensitive initiatives will be required on occasion. Domestic travel for in-person events is required, approx. 3-5 times annually.
Compensation: The starting rate for this position is $30.00/hr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and health leave time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE/ECFC strives to achieve excellence through a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that embraces all of our individual and collective differences. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Middle Eastern and North African, Bilingual and/or Bicultural candidates, and LGBTQ2SIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We value and honor the unique talents, learning styles, and lived experiences of each individual that enrich and strengthen our workplace culture, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
All employment conditions are based on an individual’s performance and job qualifications. TSNE/ECFC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, creed, color, religion, native language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, race-based hairstyles, or any other protected characteristic stated by federal and state law. Regardless of any class’ protection under the law or lack thereof, TSNE/ECFC celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse team of employees. It is represented in our workplace culture, and it is who we are.
TSNE/ECFC's EEO statement extends to volunteers, interns, contractors, vendors, and clients.