Position: Membership and Programs Manager
Organization: Philanthropy Delaware
Location: Wilmington, DE; Flexible and remote options are available
Our Mission: Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. advances philanthropy in the first state by connecting key stakeholders to drive meaningful impact for all Delawareans.
Our Vision: A just, vibrant and thriving Delaware through effective, strategic, and impactful philanthropy.
Position Overview / Expectations
- The Membership and Programs Manager directs activities, events and programming that support positive relations with members, and such key stakeholders as the larger philanthropic sector, policy makers, media, and the public
- Serves as a strong contributor to the advancing of Philanthropy Delaware’s mission, vision, and desired outcomes as a philanthropy serving organization (PSO), through the implementation of the organization’s Strategic Vision
- Demonstrates commitment to the following desired organizational outcomes:
- Philanthropic awareness increases in Delaware
- Philanthropic community impact increases - through membership, members’ investments and engagement, increased skills, knowledge and aligned goals are developed
- Philanthropic are leveraged to support the work of Philanthropy Delaware, Inc.
Increasing and Maintaining Membership to Enhance Philanthropic Community Impact
The Membership and Programs Manager, along with the President and CEO, is responsible for designing and implementing efforts to attract new members and retain and engage members by offering member services and relevant sector education programming. This includes the following key activities:
- Work with the President and CEO and Board as needed to systematically plan, implement, track and report prospect identification for cultivation and recruitment to increase Philanthropy Delaware’s membership in accordance with identified targets.
- Leverage opportunities with the President and CEO and Board Members as needed
- Engage the Marketing/Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager to develop and maintain high quality member recruitment materials and communications
- Organize, implement, track and report on annual member renewal campaign
- Orient new members to the Philanthropy Delaware network and maintain appropriate contact to foster ongoing engagement
- Analyze, monitor, and report on member engagement
- Continually develop enhancements to member benefits
- Recommend, develop, and implement periodic member satisfaction surveys, focus groups and other evaluation tools to inform programming and other services
Develop Educational Programs
- Plan and deliver all educational programs to support members’ needs and interests, increase their skills, knowledge, and support their funding strategies
- Research, recommend and implement innovative program ideas, strategies, and delivery models
- Oversee all necessary program logistics in collaboration with the Strategic Initiatives and Marketing/Communications Manager
- Develop and solicit sponsorship and other funding opportunities for designated programs and events.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager in planning and executing program delivery components
Connect Philanthropic Resrouces to Philanthropy Delaware - Increase Philanthropic Impact
- Identify and monitor local, regional and national trends in philanthropy
- Attend external meetings, events, and programs, to support external relations with donors, volunteers, stakeholders, and key leaders in the philanthropic community, effectively serving as a representative and advocate for Philanthropy Delaware and the sector.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the local, state, and national philanthropic landscape
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Project management skills and detail oriented
- Strong writing skills with an understanding of various communication vehicles and strategies to convey information.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the nonprofit sector, marketing/ communications field, or relationship management
- Experience working with senior leadership and various groups of members, funders, Board and committee members, staff, and others across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Work is typically performed in an office
- Flexible, remote work options are available
- Travel throughout and potentially outside the State of Delaware as needed
Annual salary range: $40,000 - $50,000 with a competitive benefits package.
Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on Philanthropy Delaware, Inc., please visit us at www.philanthropydelaware.org.