Position: Membership and Program Coordinator
Organization: Funders Together to End Homelessness
Location: Boston, MA
Funders Together to End Homelessness will mobilize its members to utilize the voice, influence, and expertise of philanthropy in ways that will advance lasting solutions to ending homelessness, including addressing its underlying causes like structural and racial inequities, and helping create policies and systems that center people with lived expertise.
Funders Together: Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We provide critical resources and learning and networking opportunities to our members to increase their knowledge, capacity, and effectiveness in their work to prevent and end homelessness. Funders Together acts as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to end homelessness.
Our work brings philanthropy together around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized as funders in communities around the United States work towards solutions to prevent and end homelessness.
This position reports to the Director of Membership and Programs and provides administrative support on programming, membership, and resource development activities. This position also supports the CEO by maintaining her calendar and assisting her in supporting the board of directors. This position is full time (40 hours per week), remote, and requires domestic travel 6-8 times a year
- Maintain up-to-date list of prospective and current members
- Work with Director of Membership and Programs to on-board new members, including processing payment, sending thank you letters, and updating database and website
- Manage membership renewal process, including sending membership renewal letters, processing payment, updating payment records, and sending thank you letters
- Schedule member calls that include the CEO
We conduct 2 major in-person convenings a year (approx. 60 people each), 2-3 smaller in-person meetings per quarter (15-30 people), and 1-2 monthly webinars.
- Manage registration for all webinars and in-person convenings
- Managing back-end webinar logistics, including providing tech support during webinars, tracking webinar attendees, and tracking programming
- Provide logistical support to Program Directors for in-person convenings, including assisting with finding meeting space, organizing catering, and assembling materials
- Update website with upcoming programming and past programming resources
- Track grant application and report deadlines and maintain a calendar that informs CEO and Director of Communications and Policy of grants workflow
- Keep ongoing prospect list of potential grantors
- File and execute grant agreements and other related paperwork
- Draft and track thank you notes for all membership dues, grants, and financial contributions
- Work with CEO and Finance Manager to accurately forecast and track all income
- Assist in scheduling board meetings and board committee calls
- Provide support to CEO in preparation of board meeting packets, board meeting logistics, and communication with board members (4 times a year)
- Manage the CEO's calendar by scheduling meetings and calls with external partners and members
Qualifications and Compensation
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with an ability to use them with discretion and tact
- Detail-oriented and ability to produce work that is clear, concise, accurate, and well-organized
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while also still being committed to teamwork and collaboration
- Undergraduate degree or 2-5 years relevant work experience in an administrative role
- Committed to social justice issues and the mission of the organization, including addressing racial inequity
- Experience with donor and member management software, such as Salesforce, Survey Monkey, and online webinar platforms such as Go to Webinar and Zoom
- Given the remote nature of this position, candidate must be able to maintain their own office/work schedule during core hours, which are between 10am – 4pm ET. Candidates from all locations are encouraged to apply.
This position reports to: Director of Membership and Programs
$40,000 – $45,000 salary range for 40 hours a week, plus benefits including:
- 3 weeks of paid time off (increases to 4 weeks after 2 years), plus 2 personal days, 12 paid holidays, and 5 paid sick days
- Paid parental leave and short- and long-term disability leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (80% employer paid), as well as flexible spending accounts (health, dependent care, and commuter)
- 5% employer contribution to 403b beginning the month following one-year work anniversary (employee can contribute immediately)
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDFs to Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at email@example.com with “Membership and Program Coordinator, [First and Last Name]” in the subject line.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff.
We encourage people with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability to apply.