To meet the demands of the rapidly growing field of media philanthropy, Media Impact Funders is seeking a full-time membership and development associate responsible for supporting member recruitment, engagement, retention, and fundraising efforts.
The successful candidate will:
- Under the guidance of the Director of Development & Member Engagement and the Executive Director, research, identify and prioritize funding opportunities primarily from foundations, and also corporations and individual philanthropists
- Maintain contact with current and prospective donors and members
- Draft development-related materials including renewal notices, acknowledgements, and other forms of correspondence with donors and members
- Manage and maintain the organization’s CRM database
- Contribute to other fundraising processes that help guide organizational planning as needed
- Research grantmaking data from funders and other stakeholders as needed for program and communications materials
- Work closely with communications staff around member engagement strategies
- Three to five years professional fundraising experience in a related field or organization
- Strong research skills, excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in collaboration with others and independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical complexities with clarity and simplicity
- Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines
- A quick learner, resourceful and flexible
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with expertise in MS Office Suite and CM database development and management
- Strong knowledge of the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
This position reports to the Director of Development & Member Engagement.
This full-time, 35-hour-per-week position’s salary range is $55,000-65,000. MIF offers a comprehensive benefits package, including complete coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance; a retirement contribution; a childcare stipend; a generous paid-time-off program; a flexible remote work schedule; and staff development opportunities.
Our office is located in Philadelphia. MIF staff has opted to continue working remotely post-pandemic, but we are currently transitioning to a hybrid work arrangement. The candidate must be available to participate in in-person at meetings and events around the country as needed.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in this position, a resume, and a professional writing sample of a recent grant proposal or donor communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Membership and Development Associate Position – Your Name” in the subject line.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Media Impact Funders is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation or expression, gender, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. All individuals are welcomed and encouraged to apply.