Position: Marketing/Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager
Organization: Philanthropy Delware
Location: Wilmington, DE; Flexible and remote options are available
Our Mission: Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. advances philanthropy in the first state by connecting key stakeholders to drive meaningful impact for all Delawareans.
Our Vision: A just, vibrant and thriving Delaware through effective, strategic, and impactful philanthropy.
Position Overview / Expectations
The Marketing/Communications and Strategic Initiatives Manager role will deliver the marketing/communications strategy and support key strategic initiatives and projects on behalf of the organization to deepen and broaden our impact, and advance our mission, vision, and desired outcomes as a philanthropy serving organization (PSO), through the implementation of the organization’s Strategic Vision.
Demonstrates commitment to the following desired organizational outcomes:
- Philanthropic awareness increases in Delaware
- The impact of the Philanthropic community increases
- Philanthropic investments support the work of Philanthropy Delaware, Inc.
- Communicate with members, key stakeholders, partners, and the media using traditional, digital, and social media platforms
- Develop, maintain, and measure content, for all traditional, digital, and social media platforms, i.e.:
- Create bi-weekly Member Insider e-Newsletter
- Compile bi-weekly Funding Alert of grant opportunities for bi-weekly dissemination
- Special Announcements
- Monitor and share research, data, and news from the philanthropic sector
- Manage organizational branding standards, i.e., external logo placement, attribution, boilerplate
Strategic Initiatives/Special Projects Coordination
- Manage various components of Strategic Initiatives and Special Projects in support of educational programming, tools and resources for members and key stakeholders, collaborative partners, and Board:
- Recommend relevant initiatives that support the mission, vision, and goals
- Develop presentations and collateral
- Assist with logistics, registration, database management
- Support engagement with Board of Directors
- Capture relevant notes, action items and report outcomes
- Archive captured video or meeting recordings
- Post-event follow-up via satisfaction surveys
Assist with Office Management/Coordination
Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field
- Previous experience in an administrative, marketing, or manager role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, highly organized, and attentive to detail
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a thorough knowledge of graphic design
- An entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work effectively under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Work is typically performed in an office environment
- Flexible, remote work options are available
- Travel throughout and potentially outside the State of Delaware as needed
Annual salary range: $40,000 - $50,000 with a competitive benefits package.
Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please submit resume to: email@example.com. For further information on Philanthropy Delaware, Inc., please visit us at www.philanthropydelaware.org.