Position: Manager of Member Engagement and Services
Organization: Maryland Philanthropy Network
Location: Baltimore, MD
THIS IS US!
Maryland Philanthropy Network (MPN) is a statewide nonprofit philanthropy serving organization. Our members are private and community foundations, corporations, donor advised funds, giving circles, public charities and grantmaking intermediaries. MPN’s mission is to maximize the impact of giving on community life through a growing network of diverse, informed, and effective philanthropists.
Maryland Philanthropy Network works to engage and elevate philanthropy in Maryland as an integral force in tackling the region’s most pressing challenges. We do this through collaboration and partnership between MPN members, government, business, and nonprofit decision-makers. We act as a catalyst for those partnerships by supporting leadership in the philanthropic community; cultivating a new generation of trustees, donors, and professional staff; engaging a diverse network of partners with philanthropy; and encouraging accessible, efficient, and ethical philanthropic grantmaking practice. As a membership association, our priority is to support the philanthropic aspirations of all our members through peer networking, high quality training and education, exposure to new funding opportunities and technical assistance.
We are looking for a Member Engagement and Services Manager to be a key relationship manager for our network. This position will develop, maintain, and deepen meaningful and authentic relationships with and between current and prospective members, and connect members to the activities of the Network. The MESM will work to increase and strengthen member involvement, and leadership with the Network.
This position reports to the president.
Member Engagement and Development
- Lead implementation of strategies to enhance engagement with members and to recruit new members.
- Develop networking opportunities for MPN members and leaders in the broader community.
- Collaborate with the Director of Learning & Partnerships to ensure responsive, relevant learning and connection opportunities that meet the needs of all members.
- Lead the development and implementation of learning, action, and investment opportunities for member segments including community foundations, corporate members, and family foundations, among others.
- Complete ongoing assessment and ensure alignment with the member value proposition.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that member engagement goals are realized annually.
- Coordinate member sponsored briefings highlighting member’s work and investments
- Cultivate partnerships with other philanthropic serving organizations and business and government sector entities to elevate the profile of Maryland Philanthropy Network and develop opportunities for our members to be informed by and engage with a broader network working to address member interests.
- Serve as the liaison to the Board about membership strategies that advance membership issues and engagement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector, including trends in membership development and management.
- Provide customized service and technical help in response to member requests.
- Maintain external relations with a variety of stakeholders, including prospective members, nonprofit organizations, and other audiences.
- Represent the work of philanthropy in Maryland to the nonprofit sector, government agencies, and other partners.
- Collaborate with the MPN team to publish effective, responsive, and relevant communications to a range of audiences and over a variety of communication platforms.
- Coordinate with Director of Finance and Administration to ensure that membership dues are appropriately recorded and acknowledged.
- Maintain correct and complete records re: member engagement and dues payments.
- Work collegially with all staff to ensure the smooth operations of the organization.
- Collaborate with team in developing organization-wide strategies and goals.
- Contribute to fundraising and grant reporting efforts in support of memberships, and strategic programming/activities.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and other organizational planning efforts.
IS THIS YOU?
- Committed to continued learning and self-reflection on issues related to racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Comfortable in a fluid work environment with limited hierarchy requiring good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate and set boundaries so that you can focus on a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Work with a high degree of independent action, flexibility, and minimum supervision.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Knowledge and skill at planning and facilitating engaging meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Good sense of humor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- Ability to use technology effectively and to adapt quickly to the use of modern technology.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a responsible position, preferably in membership or nonprofit management.
The salary range for this position will start at $60,000. A comprehensive benefits package is offered and includes healthcare with dental, retirement, and other benefits.
Maryland Philanthropy Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will remain open until the new team member is found.