Position: Executive Assistant and Board Coordinator
Organization: Philanthropy Northwest
Location: Seattle, WA
Deadline: May 23, 2022
Philanthropy Northwest is a network for grantmakers and funders of all types working in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. We bring together a thriving community of grantmakers dedicated to supporting strong communities through collective learning, centering racial equity and investing in innovation. We believe philanthropy is at its best when it is collaborative and inclusive.
We are also home to The Giving Practice, a national consultancy committed to joyful, effective and equitable philanthropy. As a division of Philanthropy Northwest, The Giving Practice’s consulting team brings customized solutions, deep regional relationships and national expertise to support organizations navigating philanthropy’s changing landscape.
Philanthropy Northwest’ mission is to promote and facilitate cross-sector collaboration to build resilient, equitable and inclusive communities in the Pacific Northwest. We offer core programs to strengthen philanthropy, center diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); and advance policy and advocacy efforts.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO prioritizing inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts.
- Ensure prompt and diligent response and exercise judgement.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Conduct thorough research and present relevant information in manner that supports quick understanding and informed decision making by the CEO and Executive team.
- Support enterprise initiatives and special projects with strong project management skills with clear goals, objectives, timelines and follow through.
- In collaboration with the Executive Team, lead enterprise-wide process streamlining, documentation and information sharing, as needed.
- Work closely with the CEO and other executive leaders to provide support, including calendar management, travel planning and coordination, meeting scheduling, expense reconciliation and other administrative tasks.
- Provide timely and accurate administrative support to the board of directors.
- Arrange and handle all logistics for board meetings, committee, and task force meetings; schedule board and committee meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute materials; record detailed meeting minutes.
- Travel to attend quarterly Board meetings, and other events, as needed.
- Manage the annual calendar and ensure necessary activities are executed including committee meetings and deliverables, CEO performance review, board nominations and voting, etc.
- Assist CEO and Director, Strategic Initiatives & Board Relations to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board matters.
- In collaboration with Director, Strategies Initiative & Board Relations,
- provide ongoing review and maintenance of governance documents including bylaws, board policies, annual evaluation, board donations and board member status.
- develop and manage budget for board of directors’ meetings and activities.
- Engage in enterprise-wide activities and team building, including staff meetings, peer coaching, learning and development, annual conference, staff committees and other enterprise events throughout the year.
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties and may be asked to take on other administrative assistant tasks, as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience, including recent experience assisting CEO or Executive team and a strong interest in philanthropy and/or nonprofits.
- Experience supporting the administration and coordination of a board of directors, highly preferred.
- Strong project management skills with proactive orientation. Extremely organized and able to track and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and project, with little or no guidance, to ensure timely and quality outcome.
- Ability to respond with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Excellent writing skills and strong editing/proofing work. Strong email communicator and able to communicate diplomatically on behalf of the CEO and organization to the board of directors.
- Demonstrated capacity for a heavy workload managing multiple priorities in a fast- paced environment.
- Comfort and skilled in technology, including Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, collaboration platforms and databases.
- Proven experience in formatting documents to brand guidelines, creating reports, spreadsheets, visual aids
- Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent decision making
- Resourceful and able to effectively and consistently problem solve and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage relationships with integrity and consistency, including a keen ability to work effectively and respectfully with politically, ideologically, culturally, and geographically diverse people and communities.
- Strong commitment in advancing racial equity and social justice within a team, organization, or community.