If you are:
- Passionate about issues related to health equity and social justice, access to quality care, and community engagement and empowerment.
- A talented professional with experience supporting an Executive Management Team.
- A strong collaborator used to working with a wide range of constituents —both internal and external.
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team. This position is responsible for supporting the President and CEO, the Vice President for Programing, and the Board of Directors. Act as the primary point of contact for the Executive Management Team, facilitate communications with the staff, organizational constituency, and leaders in the field. Serve as the President and CEO’s primary liaison to the board.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least five years of professional experience providing high-level administrative support to senior organizational staff and board members.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
Who We Are
GIH is a nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to helping foundations and corporate giving programs improve the health of all people. Our mission is to foster communication and collaboration among grantmakers and others, and to help strengthen the grantmaking community's knowledge, skills, and effectiveness.
What an Executive Assistant Does
A normal day at GIH will find you scheduling board meetings and distributing meeting materials, managing the President and CEO’s calendar and travel schedule, and supporting other staff with specific projects or activities. You will also assist in editing and compiling the materials for quarterly board and committee meetings. You will partner with the Executive Management Team to create presentations for external meetings and speaking engagements. Several times during the year you may find yourself providing on-the-ground support at our board retreat or annual conference.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary: $63,000 - $80,000, based on experience.
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick leave at the beginning of each year to encourage work life balance and a generous benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance along with voluntary life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance for all full-time employees.
- The option to participate in our Health Care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Transit flexible spending accounts and supplemental insurance such as accident or hospital insurance through Aflac.
- Immediate eligibility, upon hire, to participate in our retirement plan that includes a matching contribution and, after one year of employment, a generous discretionary contribution.
To indicate your interest in this position, please submit the following information to GIH (please include your last name in all filenames when uploading materials. You should use this format: ExecAsst.LastName.CoverLtr.Resume):
- Cover letter;
- At least 2 supervisory references and 1 professional colleague reference (name, title, company name and phone number and email).
- Three professional writing samples. Note: Please do not submit school research papers as writing samples.
Resumes without cover letters or writing samples will not be reviewed.