Position: Event Project Manager
Organization: Hispanics in Philanthropy
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a 501c3 non-profit organization working with a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latinx communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinx as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 1,000 organizations and leaders.
Inicio Ventures is an early-stage impact investment fund that backs Latinx founders across markets and industries, partnering with them to refine their ideas and scale their businesses. We believe Latinx founders bring remarkable ingenuity, incredible determination, and rich life experiences to their startup companies—yet they receive a tiny fraction of the funding and opportunities available to other groups. Inicio Ventures was formed to help close that gap by ensuring that Latinx founders can build equity and wealth in the startup economy. To complement our investment work, we manage LATINX Launchpad, a pitch competition series focused on growing the talent pipeline and a Venture Fellows program for grad students interested in being the next generation of Latinx investors.
HIP is searching for an experienced event professional to support our Inicio Ventures initiative in planning and executing a 50 person convening of Latinx leaders who are building and shaping the Latinx startup ecosystem. This is a temporary part-time position with approximately 20-25 hours a week, with more expected on June 5-9, for eight weeks. Must be available to travel to Miami, FL for the convening on June 5-9. This individual will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Project manage all aspects of the event including planning, successful execution, and closeout;
- Manage the project using online project project management tool(s) to keep the Inicio Ventures team apprised of progress, tasks and related deadlines;
- Attend and be the onsite point person for event logistics and volunteer management;
- Act as liaison and communicate with vendors, attendees, speakers, Inicio Ventures/HIP staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders;
- Problem solve as necessary across event preparation and coordination;
- Track the event budget and expenses, prepare expense reports, and coordinate reimbursement requests;
- Support event marketing and communications;
- Spearhead event related reporting including data collection, analysis, and narrative development; and
- Other event support as needed;
The ideal candidate is an experienced event professional with demonstrated success in leading or supporting similar convenings/conferences with high-level executives. Preference for candidates with working knowledge of the startup ecosystem and/or a blend of corporate and impact related project management roles.
- Interest in Inicio Ventures and HIP’s mission, Latinx issues, and philanthropy;
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities and time management skills;
- Ability to excel and thrive in a face paced environment;
- Great interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor;
- High degree of independence, creativity, and initiative; and
- Excellent writing, research, and proofreading skills.
Hourly rate $45 – $55 based on experience.
Daily use of a computer and online software for regular communications with staff and team members. This is a remote position based in the U.S. with required travel to Miami, Fl on June 5-9. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for HIP business travel and in-person meetings.
How to Apply
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.