Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latinx communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinos as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 800 organizations and leaders. Learn more about HIP, our impact, and our values at https://hipfunds.org/.
About the Position
The Director is a member of the executive leadership team and a key resource for employees, providing strategic leadership and direction for all activities related to HIP’s people and operations. This position collaborates with teams across the organization in the U.S. and Mexico to build, strengthen, and align resources, infrastructure, and operations to advance HIP’s mission and priorities, and foster a value-based workplace culture and environment that supports leadership development and learning. The Director also provides direct supervision and mentorship to two team members.
The ideal candidate has a people-centered approach rooted in racial justice and equity when building relationships, and designing solutions, systems, and policies; and has the knowledge, skills, and expertise to build strong and healthy teams, design and implement systems and processes that scale, and direct nonprofit operations, human resources, and IT activities.
- Oversee all People activities related to recruitment, retention, engagement, reporting and compliance; manage compensation, benefits and rewards, and performance management;
- HR background, preferably with experience in CA or NY employment laws.
- Own and optimize systems, processes, and workflows to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency, and internal coordination and communication across program areas and transnational teams;
- Working with tech staff, oversee management of IT including procurement, support, and training related to hardware, software, security, compliance, data management and reporting for HIP and HIP-Latinoamerica;
- Oversee grantmaking operations, compliance, and reporting via grants management platform; co-supervise Knowledge and Grants Manager on day-to-day operations of the platform;
- Provide coaching and training to team members and employees in areas of expertise and manage consultants;
- Conduct research, periodic assessments, analysis, and reporting on organizational trends to improve organizational effectiveness and learning, and to support data driven decision making;
- Manage and track contracts with vendors and consultants in the U.S.
- Support executive management with strategic planning, performance evaluations, annual budget planning and goal setting, tracking and reporting of metrics and outcomes;
- 7+ years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple complex projects simultaneously; strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in the U.S.; benefits management experience a plus; experience with MX employment laws is a plus
- Ability to model effective communication and collaboration with peers in joint efforts;
- Systems design and database management experience;
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and glean insights; experience with data visualization;
- Energized by a fast-paced, innovative environment with high expectations;
- Clear, concise, and effective communicator with ability to adapt to various audiences and communication styles; Excellent negotiation skills;
- Strategic thinker with sound judgment and very high standard of professionalism, personal integrity, and discretion;
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and respond to the unexpected
- Possess an all hands on deck, team-first mentality, and you believe no task is beneath you;
- Experience as an administrator/super administrator in Salesforce, grants management platform (Smartsimple), Communication tools (Monday.com) and Google Workspace, preferred;
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred (HIP is a transnational and bilingual organization with a commitment to language justice).
Hispanics in Philanthropy offers competitive compensation and a range of benefits. This position has a starting salary range of $100,000 - $132,054 depending on location and experience, plus benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, commuter benefits, discounts on services, as well as sick, vacation, and paid holiday time. Computer equipment will be provided.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This is a remote position in the U.S. working collaboratively with individuals in the US and MX. Employees will conduct work from a company provided laptop, keying, typing, attending zoom calls and virtual meetings on a regular basis. Some travel will be required. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and comply with HIP’s COVID-19 health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.
How to Apply
Submit an application (https://forms.gle/vNnPryh4ZSeeYwAy5) to be considered for this position. Applications will be reviewed starting January 9th and will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. References will be requested of those continuing through the interview process.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.