Position: Director of Operations & Revenue
Organization: Philanthropy West Virginia
Location: Morgantown, WV
Philanthropy West Virginia connects the Mountain State’s diverse network of philanthropic funders. We strive to inspire community-driven solutions across the state reaching both urban centers and the most rural areas in Appalachia. This advances our mission of “Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.” Philanthropy WV is committed to an inclusive and diverse team, working environment, and members network. Philanthropy West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.
Philanthropy West Virginia (Philanthropy WV), West Virginia’s philanthropic leadership network, seeks applications for the new position of Director of Operations & Revenue.
This leadership position provides support to the President and CEO with management of day-today operations, strategy implementation, and revenue generation to advance the organization’s vision and mission. The Director of Operations & Revenue will supervise up to two full-time and/or part-time staff (Operations & Program Associate and identified fellows).
This is a full-time exempt position in a growing, dynamic philanthropic leadership network and reports directly to the President & CEO. The position is based in Morgantown, WV. Philanthropy WV is committed to practicing and advancing equity and inclusion that creates a stronger organization, philanthropic network, and West Virginia communities.
In collaboration with the President & CEO, the Director of Operations & Revenue oversees the smooth internal operation of the organization. This position is responsible for financial management, human resources, grants reporting, IT matters, supporting new revenue sources, and oversight of office services.
The Director of Operations & Revenue formulates internal operations to advance priorities, plans and process that further Philanthropy WV’s mission impact. The skills needed for this position include:
- Strategic actor with the capacity of converting ideas into action.
- Servant leader working with a team of staff and volunteers to advance priorities and the mission
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in planning, management, and evaluation strategy as an analytical decision maker.
- Multitasking effectively with the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Willing to experiment with standard thinking using new ideas, new approaches and new solutions.
- Self-directing and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrating commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This position will work with other team members such as the Program & Engagement Coordinator. The responsibilities of the position include: finance, operations, revenue generation, human resources, some strategic initiatives, committee relations, and supporting the Philanthropy WV team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required in management, business administration, finance, marketing, nonprofit leadership, and/or public administration, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years of successful experience in similar capacity (nonprofit management, business operations, etc.)
- Significant experience in core areas such as: nonprofit operations, business management, human resources, finance, association management, or office support including information technology
- Demonstrated proficiency in staff supervision, consultant/contractor oversight, and day to day operations
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills, as well as ability to multi-task and work under pressure on multiple projects.
- Experienced in using software and technology proficiency across all platforms (MS Suites, QuickBooks, website CRM, etc).
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofits and grantmaking institutions preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, as evidenced by ability to draft memos and narrative and financial reports for the board.
- Ability to work with external resource providers and consultants.
- Willingness to work with a “can-do” attitude in a flexible, collaborative, and pro-active manner
- Strong attention to detail.
- Time divided between office operations, virtual contract/service oversight, desk work, conferences, meetings and on-site matters.
- Must be willing to travel (compliant with health safety precautions/travel bans due to COVID) and concentrate intensely on the small details of projects.
This is a FTE salaried position ($55,000 to $65,000/year range) along with generous benefits (health, dental, and life insurances), PTO pool, and a retirement contribution. Staff are provided with a healthy holiday schedule and professional development opportunities.
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications received by February 12, 2021 will be given priority.