Position: Director of Education & Communications
Organization: Arizona Grantmakers Forum
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Deadline: July 19, 2021
Please note: This is a full-time exempt position. Arizona Grantmakers Forum is currently operating remotely. We will return to in-person programming when it is safe to do so. The candidate must beable and willing to work in our Phoenix office when Arizona Grantmakers resumes in-person work.
About Arizona Grantmakers Forum
Arizona Grantmakers Forum is a vibrant statewide philanthropy-serving organization with a mission to empower our members to transform Arizona through leadership and meaningful philanthropy. We convene members for educational programs, collaborative opportunities and forums on critical issues and represent Arizona’s philanthropic sector before policymakers and other key stakeholders. Arizona Grantmakers is driven by a belief that collaboration among philanthropic organizations is vital to building an equitable and prosperous Arizona.
The director of education & communications oversees all educational programs, communications and marketing content in the organization. This includes managing the calendar of member events, program planning and execution, and the development and implementation of the communications plan. The director reports to the president & CEO.
This position is an opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial and collaborative team. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, professional and solution-focused individual with a passion for Arizona Grantmakers’ mission and Arizona’s philanthropic community, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to excellent member service.
- Staff the Arizona Grantmakers Program Committee and work with committee and team to plan, execute and evaluate Arizona Grantmakers educational programs and events
- Staff the Racial Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Affinity Group, Southern Arizona Network, SAN Education Affinity Group and statewide Education Affinity Group, and work with chairs and team to plan, execute and evaluate Arizona Grantmakers affinity group meetings and activities
- Staff Special Event Committee and work with committee and team to plan, execute and evaluate the annual Transform Arizona fundraiser
- Plan and produce internal and external communications including website content, social media, e-newsletters, program invitations, public policy alerts, annual reports and marketing collateral
- Ensure that communication and branding of all materials and events align with and advance Arizona Grantmakers’ strategic goals
- Support president and CEO in media relations activities and presentations
- Work with the director of member engagement and operations to design and administer member surveys, member investment renewals and other member communications
- Monitor and report on the use of technology by foundations and other regional and national organizations in the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of nonprofit, membership association or customer service experience; marketing experience a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Drupal, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom a must
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Commitment to personal growth on issues of racial equity and diversity and to supporting others in growth around issues of racial equity
- Understanding of philanthropy and its impact on communities and systems change
- Commitment to producing high-quality work that aligns with Arizona Grantmakers’ culture and strategic direction
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to a high level of member service
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Collaborative and skillful leader who exudes passion for advancing Arizona Grantmakers’ mission
The person in this position will occasionally lift or move objects of moderate weight (i.e. boxes of printed materials, supplies or meeting tables) and assorted items needed for meeting set-up (i.e. conference telephone, catering, video camera). The person must be able to frequently operate a computer and remain in a stationary position. A valid Arizona driver’s license is required.
The compensation package is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The annual salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 plus a benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume and two to three references to: Laurie Liles, President and Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is Monday, July 19, 2021. Due to the anticipated high volume of resumes, we are unable to respond to all candidates. We will be directly in touch with candidates for virtual interviews. The expected start date for this position is mid-August.
Arizona Grantmakers Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Arizona Grantmakers Forum is committed to creating an equitable workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.