Position: Director of Development
Organization: A Place To Be
Location: Middleburg, VA
A Place To Be helps people with disabilities as well as medical and mental health issues. From individual sessions, to community programming, to medical music therapy, A Place To Be’s certified music-therapists are helping people face, navigate, and overcome life's challenges using the clinically-based practices of music therapy!
Position Description & Qualifications
When the global pandemic hit earlier this year, A Place To Be quickly pivoted their operations and programming into an online format, creating a strong and sustainable financial model for future growth. The next Director of Development will walk into a strong organization that adapted quickly and has not seen the types of struggles so many other community non-profits have had to face in the wake of this crisis.
A Place To Be is seeking a Director of Development (DoD) to join this vibrant community organization to ensure that they can continue to serve children in need throughout Loudoun County. The DoD will join a thriving community, inspiring families to be independent and successful and will engage with individual and corporate donors while taking on limited foundation grant writing and creating a pipeline of planned giving donors. Reporting to the Creative Director and Executive Director and leading a team of three, the successful candidate will work as a partner in realizing the vast potential of A Place To Be and continue the organization’s shift into the digital space.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in non-profit development with proven revenue results.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and steward long-term investor relationships that expand an investor base, increase revenue, and advance organizational goals.
- Track record of scaling an organization, significantly increasing revenue through the expansion of the donor base and moving existing donors into higher giving brackets.
- Record of cultivating relationships with long-term partners, listening to their needs and adapting stewardship style accordingly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where new opportunities are constantly emerging.
- Ability to work independently and to embrace collaboration, teamwork, and flexible thinking.
- Knowledge of the Northern Virginia community, particularly Loudoun and Fairfax Counties, with an understanding of how to effectively reach and communicate with these donors.
- Authentic and empathetic personality capable of working with all types of people, from wealthy donors to the children involved in the programs.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for A Place To Be. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.