Position: Director of Conferences & Events
Organization: Council on Foundations
Location: Washington, DC
The Council on Foundations exists to help philanthropy be a strong and trusted partner in advancing the common good. Building on our 70-year history, we are charting a course for the field where funders display high integrity, earn and maintain the public's trust and serve as excellent stewards of philanthropic resources. We imagine a world where givers of all kinds are sophisticated and vital players in creating more equitable communities and a better world.
The Director, Conferences & Events will use proactive decision-making and foresight to lead conference logistics that produce quality learning experiences. This leader will develop effective, results-driven practices with a focus on efficiency, financial health and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Planning for LT21, Career Pathways and other large summits
- Serve key role in supporting the Vice President, Programs & Peer Engagement with all arrangements and logistics for the Leading Together Conference, and other events-- including site visits, production of plenary sessions, breakouts, special events and on-site management.
- Lead the implementation of policies, procedures and project plans for COF conferences and meetings, including budget development.
- Identify trends, conduct industry research, and monitor meeting best practices to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Negotiate hotel, venue, and vendor contracts for all meetings.
- Direct all pre-event interactions, provide on-site meeting leadership and direction to venue staff, conduct on-site inspections of hotels, conference centers and off-site venues to select suitable locations and facilities for meeting needs.
- Develop, implement, and manage operational timelines for Leading Together, Career Pathways and larger professional summits.
- Partner with Communications & Marketing on conference design, signage and any special features and/or initiatives.
- Provide oversight in the development of meeting resume including space requirements, audio/visual production, BEOs, master schedule, room assignments, security and staffing plans.
- Collect and maintain meeting wrap-up reports/stats to include food & beverage spending, hotel pick-up reports for Leading Together, Career Pathways and larger professional summits.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with Programs & Peer Engagement team and other content leads in conference planning process, i.e. speaker development, working group and logistics support.
- Five to Seven years of experience in events management including logistics.
- Experience managing budgets and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Strong customer service background leading to collaborative internal and external partnerships
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range of $90,000 - $100,000
- Competitive benefits including 403(b), teleworking, on site gym, transportation or parking subsidy.
|Director Conferences Events 1019_Council on Foundations.docx||46.62 KB|