Position: Director of Communication
Location: Accord, MA
Community Foundations Leading Change (CFLeads) is the only national organization dedicated exclusively to helping community foundations lead positive change. We help community foundations build strong communities by advancing effective practices, sharing knowledge and galvanizing action around the critical issues of our time. We give individual community foundations tools to rally the resources and build the relationships that drive change, and we empower the entire field to create the best possible outcomes for community residents.
Through the collective knowledge of the field, we create learning opportunities and resources that build the capacity of community foundations to lead change. And we are always looking ahead. We identify critical issues affecting communities across the country and help community foundations develop responses that are centered on the needs of their residents.
The Director of Communications sets and guides the overall vision and strategy for all of the organization’s communications, including website, emails, digital media, print collateral, and public relations outreach. The Director is responsible for executing CFLeads communications plan; developing and maintaining CFLeads organizational brand; the creation of communications content; development of communications calendars and processes; managing the production of all external materials and publications; and overseeing all major communications-related projects.
This position reports to the CEO, but works closely with all members of the staff — including the Vice President for Program and Policy, Senior Director of Strategy and Learning, and Director of Operations and Program Services — as well as with various CFLeads consultants.
- Develop communications strategies for CFLeads and oversee the implementation of those strategies
- Create communications calendars and systems for implementation
- Lead the creation of content, including topic identification, writing, and dissemination decisions
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of all communications channels including the organization’s website and email communication system
- Track and measure levels of engagement with CFLeads communications and adapt strategies accordingly
- Manage the CFLeads brand
- Develop a style guide for CFLeads
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 5 years experience working in nonprofit communications
- Experience within community foundations and the field of philanthropy a plus
- Excellent writer and editor
- Copy editing experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of grammar and writing mechanics
- Ability to think about communications strategically and tactically
- Basic understanding of WordPress, Salesforce, Asana and email communications systems
- Must be based in Boston
- Energized by CFLeads mission and values
- Team player with a strong capacity to work independently
- Flexibility and comfort managing tasks and projects with a small team that travels frequently
- Positive attitude, a customer-service orientation, and a demonstrated ability to thrive working in a nimble, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This is a full time, salaried position. The final salary will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
CFLeads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include general salary expectations.
Applications due no later than Friday, April 26 at 5pm Eastern.