Position: Digital Engagement Coordinator
Organization: Northern California Grantmakers
Location: San Francisco, CA
Deadline: August 22, 2021
Northern California Grantmakers (NCG) brings people in the field of philanthropy together to shift resources and power to the hands of people who are making positive change in our communities. We are seeking someone who loves all things digital to join our team and engage our members who are, in turn, nudging and enticing their institutions toward racial equity, social change, and outstanding practices.
NCG is a membership association for our region’s philanthropic community. We bring funders and other key stakeholders together to learn, share, grow and tackle big issues. Learn more at ncg.org.
This role will support NCG in its e-communications tactics, data collection and analysis, and strategic digital implementation to build member engagement. Curiosity combined with a drive for new, more effective ideas will carry the person in this role far. The ideal candidate will identify with NCG’s vision and believe in the power of bringing people together for change within our sector and beyond. While a part of the public affairs team, communications roles stretch across the full organization and include supporting all programmatic teams. The Digital Engagement Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager and has no direct reports.
Essential Job Functions
Digital Communications and Engagement (60%)
Social Media Strategy
- Grow NCG’s social media following (Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube with potential for additional platforms) by strategizing and curating content, scheduling all social posts, and engaging on social platforms (retweets, quote tweets, and active monitoring).
- Plan and work with NCG’s design consultant to ensure graphics accompany social media strategy.
- Strategize and curate engaging copy for NCG’s CEO on newly created Twitter and other social media accounts.
Communications Platform Administration
- Maintain NCG’s communications platform by monitoring subscribe and unsubscribe options, watching for trends in our analytics, curating mailing lists, tracking engagement grading, and using HTML when needed.
- Design and monitor nurture campaigns to increase membership engagement and retain an active membership. Drip programs include a new member journey and a re-engagement campaign.
Digital Strategy and E-Communications
- Curate and format programmatic newsletters: Weekly Program Preview newsletter, monthly collaborative newsletters.
- Program promotional content. Play a role in maintaining a dynamic editorial calendar, design targeted lists, and create e-blasts for event promotion to increase interest and registration numbers.
- Member news and editorial content. Support editorial goals by monitoring member news to support the curated bi-weekly editions of NCG’s Together for Good Magazine and social media strategy.
- Support communications manager by publishing news, organizational initiatives and other content on NCG’s website.
Support NCG Programming
- Support implementation and processes for event registration alongside the events and communications contractor as needed.
- Track event registration numbers to ensure strategic use of weekly promotional emails.
Data Strategy (40%)
- Data collection. Build and sustain data collection processes through applicable NCG platforms.
- Data analysis. Monitor and improve the effectiveness of communications by compiling, analyzing, and reporting digital analytics (social media, e-communications, website). Monitor progress towards engagement and initiative-driven goals.
- Data knowledge. Develop quarterly reporting for communications and programs teams to support the communications manager in addressing actionable needs.
- Stay on top of new effective technology and software upgrades.
- Member engagement. Support the member engagement associate in monitoring and building on member scoring in Salesforce.
- Values-Aligned: Contribute to organizational culture and values. Demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equity.
- Creative Problem-Solver: Find alternative solutions to overcome problems or limitations and act proactively to achieve results.
- Internal Communications: Ability to translate technical jargon into usable information for team members.
- Organization: The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage complex, multidimensional projects and across teams with the commitment to establish and meet deadlines.
- Technology including open-source website platforms, Google Analytics, Asana, Salesforce, and Zoom. Command of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Drupal, FormAssembly, Slab, or Pardot a plus.
- Experience employing practices that advance equity within an organization and the communities it serves.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least five years of work experience. Experience with a member-driven organization or network a plus.
- At least two years of experience in communications and audience engagement.
- Minimum one year of experience in social media development.
- Experience managing conflicting priorities and seeking out a variety of perspectives.
- Willingness to translate mistakes into lessons learned, anticipate future needs, and take action.
- Ability to be present in the NCG San Francisco office when we resume in-person activities.
- Ability to travel throughout the region.
Benefits and Environment
Workplace Environment. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are baked into everything we do, and we encourage applicants of diverse race, ethnic culture, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities to bring your lived experiences along with your professional selves.
Benefits. We offer a robust benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off for community service, and participation in a retirement plan. You would be joining a team of individuals committed to social impact, a positive work culture, and respect for different aspects of life.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and at least one work sample (more than one is welcome) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add Digital Engagement Coordinator and your last name in the subject line. A work sample could include: published writing samples, e-communication samples, social media posts, or other work you find relevant to this role. We invite you to consider your cover letter as an opportunity to tell a story that illuminates your interest in the field of philanthropy and in the work of Northern California Grantmakers.
If you have questions about NCG and our role as a philanthropy serving organization, we’re happy to chat briefly by phone or email. Just let us know at the email@example.com address. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and are due no later than August 22, 2021.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. This job description is not a contract for employment.