Position: Digital Communications and Campaigns Manager
Organization: The Just Trust
About The Just Trust
The Just Trust is a brand new fund that is 100% dedicated to powering criminal justice reform, state-by-state and across the nation. We’re a team of grantmakers, directly-impacted people, and allies, and we invest in visionary leaders, organizations, and campaigns—from underdogs to heavyweights, organizers to policy wonks, rural folks to city dwellers—all fighting for the safety and wellbeing of their communities.
Our Vision & Hiring Approach
Our vision is to transform the justice system into a just and compassionate engine of public safety for all—one where we hold each other to account, treat each other with dignity, and where the strength of our communities keeps people from entering the system in the first place.
We seek to do this by strategically investing (through grants and other direct support) in leaders’ and organizations’ sharpest efforts, across state and party lines, to change hearts, minds, and laws.
At The Just Trust—a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund—we have a lot of work ahead of us, and we know that our collective success is dependent on building out a team that includes a diverse set of people. This especially includes those who have direct, lived experience with the criminal justice system—those with criminal convictions and formerly incarcerated people, family members of currently and formerly incarcerated people, crime survivors, and people who have worked within the system including law enforcement, prosecutors, public defenders, and corrections. In addition, we want to build a team of individuals from different backgrounds, experiences, and political beliefs who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups—women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
If this sounds like the place for you, keep on reading.
The Just Trust seeks to hire an experienced Digital Communications & Campaigns Manager who can join us on a part-time, temporary basis to support key elements of the organization’s digital presence leading up to and during a planned parental leave. Key responsibilities include supporting email, social media, web content development, and coordinating creative, multi-channel campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a master project manager, with technical expertise across social, email marketing, and website management. They will understand not only individual channel strategy -- including audience targeting and content tailoring -- but also how each channel talks to each other to build a cohesive brand narrative.
This person also loves storytelling and making creative ideas come to life to support social change and organizational development. They ideally have firsthand digital communications experience in advocacy, movement building, and/or a campaign environment. They love being proactive but know how to react with precision. They are excited by the idea of supporting a small, scrappy, hardworking team focused on big, big challenges.
Support the early launch of The Just Trust, including the organization’s digital presence through numerous key moments and milestones. Reporting to the Brand & Communications Lead, you will:
- Support day-to-day digital operations, including The Just Trust’s social media channels, email newsletter, and website content
- Coordinate with key agencies for a planned digital campaign
- Center justice, diversity, equity, belonging and inclusion in your approach to your work internal and externally
- 6+ years Digital Communications expertise, with experience running social media channels required
- Experience working collaboratively across a cross functional team to execute against a shared strategy
- High comfort levels with a variety of CRM’s, including but not limited to HubSpot
- Demonstrated experience bringing a brand ethos to life digitally, and a knack for easily adopting tone of voice guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven track record of creative content development (work samples will be requested)
- Experience managing consultants and agencies -- from visual designers to web developers
- Experience providing digital communication support to advocacy and/or political campaigns strongly preferred
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly growing organization that requires you to flex between strategic, operational, and tactical levels
- A deep alignment and commitment to criminal justice reform and racial justice
The person holding this position may also work part-time for a coordinated project, The Just Trust for Action, a 501(c)(4) organization, under a resource sharing agreement between the New Venture Fund and The Just Trust for Action. The responsibilities under that position will be overseen by The Just Trust’s Executive Director.
This is a part-time, temporary role. Position is exempt. Additional benefits are not applicable.
Base hourly rate of $45-$50/hr.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Justice Accelerator Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.