Position: Development Officer for Impact(ED)
Organization: Impact(Ed) International
Location: Washington, D.C.
Launched by Discovery Communications in 1997, Impact(Ed) International has opened new doors to education in 16 countries through school-based projects and mass media initiatives in low- and middle-income countries.
Education is key to social and economic empowerment. Impact(Ed), is a non-profit organization using the power of media to transform education and improve lives in underserved communities. Together with public and private sector partners, Impact(Ed) improves student learning and teacher effectiveness in the classroom, reaches millions through mass media, and empowers communities to transformative education.
Position Description & Qualifications
Impact(Ed) International seeks an entrepreneurial Development Officer with a passion for international education. The Development Officer for Impact(Ed) International will be responsible for launching, growing, and sustaining a giving program for a fast-paced and nimble organization. Working directly with and reporting to the President and Managing Director, the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to operate in a start-up-like environment. Candidates should demonstrate a track record of success both as a gift closer and as someone who can “manage up” by ensuring that the President, Managing Director, and Board members are in positions to close gifts with corporations, foundations, and high net-worth individuals. This will require due diligence, research, follow-up, and proposal writing. Candidates who have experience and success with unrestricted giving circles/societies and who have created restricted donor funds will be strongly considered. The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least 3-5 years of previous and successful fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in the management of a fundraising program that includes individual cultivation, giving and leadership circles, corporate and foundation fundraising.
- Proven ability to develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies that expanded a donor base and increase revenue.
- Successful experience engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Understanding of and/or fluency in global education concepts and trends.
- Dedication to Impact(Ed)’s mission and willingness to develop/expand expertise in the global education space.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Impact(Ed). All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.