Position: Development Intern
Organizaton: Hispanics in Philanthropy
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a 501c3 non-profit organization working with a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latinx communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinx as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 1,000 organizations and leaders.
About the Position
This position will support the research and administrative needs of HIP’s Development team. The Development Intern will also have opportunities to participate in organizational meetings and trainings. This is a great position for someone who wants to learn more about fundraising and the philanthropic sector while gaining work experience at a nonprofit.
- Assist with the Development team’s prospecting of individual donors, foundations and corporate sponsors;
- Conduct other research as needed and prepare summary reports for the development team;
- Salesforce data entry; and
- Other tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Commitment to Hispanics in Philanthropy’s values and mission;
- Prior administrative experience preferred but not required;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Ability to stay organized and successfully juggle multiple tasks at once; and
- Familiarity working with a database, and Salesforce specifically, is a plus.
This is a paid internship position at an hourly rate $17 – $20 for up to 10 hours a week for a semester/up to 6 months.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position requires working from your computer. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States. Employees are required to comply with health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.
How to Apply
Submit an application to be considered for this position. Required materials include a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.