Position: Development Associate
Organization: A Place To Be
Location: Middleburg, VA
A Place To Be helps people with disabilities, medical, and mental health struggles face, navigate, and overcome life's challenges using the clinically-based practices of music therapy. Their Board-Certified therapists create individualized plans to help clients achieve therapeutic goals and discover unrealized potential in a supportive, engaging, and fun environment.
A Place To Be is more than just great programs. They are a community dedicated to the values of inclusivity, respect, acceptance, love, and hope. A Place To Be welcomes any family, regardless of their circumstances, to join in. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
From individual sessions, to community programming, to medical music therapy, A Place To Be’s certified music-therapists are helping people face, navigate, and overcome life's challenges using the clinically-based practices of music therapy!
A Place To Be is seeking a Director of Development (DoD) to join this vibrant community organization to ensure that they can continue to serve children in need throughout Loudoun County. The DoD will join a thriving community inspiring families to be independent and successful and will engage with individual and corporate donors while taking on limited foundation grant writing and creating a pipeline of planned giving donors. Reporting to the Creative Director and Executive Director and leading a team of three, the successful candidate will work as a partner in realizing the vast potential of A Place To Be and continue the organization’s shift into the digital space.
- Support our Co-Founder in developing strategies designed to engage, cultivate, and steward donors and prospects, preparing for cultivation and solicitation meetings, and tracking donor solicitation and stewardship;
- Research foundation and corporate grant opportunities, and individual donors;
- Support the planning and execution of annual fund campaigns, including donor segmentation, set up and execution of email campaigns, data analysis, surveys, and related activities; coordinate printing and marketing requirements related to all campaigns;
- Manage database, maintain data integrity, build and run queries and reports;
- Assist with a variety of general administrative tasks, including preparations of donation acknowledgment and thank you letters, donor stewardship and other donor materials, invitations, newsletters, annual reports, and other correspondence;
- Coordinate event logistics, including maintaining guest lists, gathering and preparing registration materials, and other duties as assigned; and,
- Coordinate the creation of development- related content for the website and social media platforms (videos, interviews, etc.).
will be enthusiastic about helping children and their families achieve independence and will actively cultivate relationships with those sharing a similar views. The DoD will be able to cultivate strong relationships with those in the community and will also creatively identify opportunities for new relationships. It will be important for this person to be curious, be able to look at situations and potential donors in creative ways, and engage authentically with the community. Specific requirements include:
- At least 3 years of experience in development with a track record of building donor engagement and support;
Skills and Accomplishments
- Proficiency with data-driven approaches to donor prospecting and cultivation using wealth screening platforms and other analytical methods;
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts and techniques; ability t o monitor and advise on current trends in charitable giving;
- Ability to work as a part of the team and assist with organization-wide responsibilities when required;
- Proven ability to work independently, under deadlines, without close supervision;
- Self-directed in the initiation, coordination, and completion of tasks; acute attention to detail is essential;
- Superior communication skills, including writing and speaking persuasively for diverse audiences;
- Diplomacy, flexibility, creativity, and sense of humor essential.
Questions, résumés, and CVs should be sent to email@example.com