To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about effective philanthropy, creativity, and impactful communication? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? If so, we invite you to join Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) as our communications manager. IPA is a dynamic network of foundations, corporations, and social investors dedicated to leading change, improving lives, and lifting communities throughout Indiana. We seek an enthusiastic and detail-oriented professional with strong writing skills to help us inform, inspire, and engage our members and relevant audiences through compelling written and visual content.
Join us in making a difference and becoming an integral part of Indiana's philanthropic community!
As a communications manager at IPA, you will work closely with our director of marketing and communications to create and distribute fresh, engaging content across various communication channels. Your role keeps our community connected, informed, and inspired.
Essential Job Functions
- Content Creation: Write and publish website, blog, and email newsletter content that resonates with our diverse audience.
- Social Media Management: Handle our social media platforms, including content creation, publishing, and curation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Branding Materials: Develop, write, outsource, edit, and implement high-quality branding materials, such as advertisements, brochures, and presentations.
- Media Relations: Support media relations activities, from generating story ideas to creating and submitting press materials.
- Performance Metrics: Monitor and improve IPA's digital dashboard to track communications performance metrics, including website SEO data, event data, and digital campaign performance.
- Visual Graphics: Collaborate with internal designers, vendors, and creative agencies to create and design visual graphics.
- Photography and Video: Capture and edit photography and video from IPA events.
- Consistency: Ensure communications reflect a consistent design and tone, adhering to brand guidelines.
- Events: Provide hands-on support for events as needed.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Creativity, research, and analytical abilities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. A plus is familiarity with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Drupal, Canva, and video editing software.
- Proficiency in email marketing, social media, website management, and visual design.
- Media relations and public relations experience is a plus.
- Ability to develop plans, set priorities, and implement overarching organizational strategies.
- Commitment to quality and a strong customer service ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Dedication to IPA's values and mission.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Familiarity with the philanthropy and nonprofit sector or a willingness to learn.
- The majority of the job is located inside an office setting
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required when project delivery dictates
- Regular use of keyboard
- Consistent sitting for many hours at one time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, bend, and stoop
Salary is competitive. Benefits include group health coverage, which includes dental and vision; life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-sponsored retirement plan; and paid time off.
This job description does not represent an inclusive list of all duties encompassed in this position but serves as a tool to assist the employee. This job description, or any other job description, does not negate Indiana Philanthropy Alliance’s “at-will” employment status.