Position: Communications Manager
Organization: Parks California
Location: Sacramento, CA
Parks California is a new organization working to ensure that our state’s parks thrive. From redwood groves and desert springs to lighthouses and ghost towns, we are working with our partners to make California parks more welcoming, accessible, and relevant to all visitors.
Managing these assets for nearly 40 million residents and millions more annual visitors takes collective work. Park managers cannot do it alone. Parks California harnesses skills and resources—and California’s renowned ingenuity—to help our state, regional, and local parks thrive and evolve.
Formed after extensive consultation with hundreds of stakeholders, park executives, and philanthropic leaders, Parks California stimulates and supports innovative public-private partnerships that raise the visibility of California’s parks and their partners, inspire passionate support for public lands, and set trends for the future of parks. Parks California attracts new public and private funding and provides expertise and entrepreneurial approaches to high-priority projects and programs developed and implemented in collaboration with the Department of Parks and Recreation and other park districts across the state. Parks California coalesces a diverse set of partners to make this vision a reality. Parks California is committed to supporting and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization and its programs.
Are you a fundamental go-getter with both left and right brain tendencies – for example, you thrive on deadlines while also crafting compelling copy? Then this opportunity might be right one for you!
We are looking for a self-motivated and skilled Communications Manager to join our team. In this position, you will lead the implementation of communications strategies, producing high-quality content that is engaging and builds brand recognition. You will partner closely with Parks California staff across all levels to promote thought leadership and achieve results. To this effort, the Communications Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all project communications products that are for external consumption. To accomplish this, the Communications Manager will work across all project areas to ensure all project activities, results, best practices, and lessons learned are documented and disseminated. The ideal candidate has proficiency in digital communications, a proven ability to manage cross-functional teams and contractors.
- Implement the communication plans in collaboration with internal leaders to execute strategic initiatives throughout the organization that builds brand awareness and further organizational goals.
- Ensure support, integration, and alignment across all communication plans.
- Manage editorial calendar which includes overall campaigns, programs, fundraising and events.
- Monitor communication plan milestone completion; identify process and operational roadblocks; own and consult solution development with stakeholders and escalates critical decisions to reach alignment.
- Manage day-to-day interaction with communication contractors.
- Guide and oversee communication contractors to ensure all deliverables are consistent with the organization’s brand, including but not exclusive to website copy, social media, blogs, media releases, campaigns, print/digital assets, newsletter, third-party publications and reports.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop effective communication procedures and policies, including operations, budget, and crisis management.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
Writing and Editing
- Draft messages and talking points for staff.
- Write copy, edit submissions and publish content, ensuring all content is consistent with the guidelines and standards.
- Oversee all aspects of communication plan, ensure efficient execution and guarantee all content is publication-ready.
Internal and External Collaborations
- Establish partnerships and consult with external stakeholders and internal team members to generate new content ideas.
- Advise and coach team on communication strategies, including clear message alignment and channel selection.
- Be a thought partner and support internal team with their communication needs and plans.
- Develop materials to educate staff on communication procedures and practices.
- Serve as focal point for communication project activities and data.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or 5+ years of work experience in a marketing or communications role.
- A passion for Parks California’s mission, vision, and values.
- Comfortable in a small team atmosphere where no task is too minor at any level.
- Sense of humor is essential, and yet must always be a consummate professional.
- Proven success designing and executing communications campaigns.
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software, MailChimp, WordPress, Canva and Google Analytics is an asset.
- Efficient budget manager.
- A good understanding of general practices, methods and procedures related to public relations, media relations and marketing.
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, be capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines while being nimble.
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to think critically and creatively.
- Engage with individuals at all levels – from interns to executives to government officials – and are able to adjust written and presentation tone accordingly.
- Strong lens towards DEI practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package, will be offered based upon experience.
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter describing their qualifications that match the position criteria and what they will bring to the role, along with a resume, to email@example.com with the subject line “Parks California, Communications Manager.”
More information on Parks California can be found at Parks California Job Opportunities.
Parks California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that our overall effectiveness is enhanced when equity and inclusiveness are practiced and protected throughout our organizational governance, culture, and staffing. We are committed to leadership in and serving as a catalyst for promoting equity and inclusion in parks communities.