Position: Associate of Membership & Communications
Organization: Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers
Location: Washington, DC
The Member Experience & Communications Associate is a new, full-time position that reports to the Director, Member Experience & Executive Director of the Institute for Corporate Social Responsibility (iCSR). The Associate will coordinate the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers’ (WRAG) membership experience strategies and execute the communications plan. WRAG is seeking a communicator with tech bravery & competence who is a social media guru with a demonstrated commitment to racial equity.
The member experience team works across WRAG business units to ensure that WRAG programs, communications, and services provide the best member experience possible with a special emphasis on WRAG’s commitment to elevating the pursuit of racial equity. To provide the ultimate member experience, the member experience team works to maintain the direction that WRAG programs, services, and communications are meeting the needs and wants of members, identifying and addressing any member issues, and exercising innovation to improve the member experience.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Coordinate and support the member experience program at WRAG (50%)
- Maintain WRAG’s Salesforce database to include but not limited to:
- Ensure the database works seamlessly with the website and other integrated systems.
- Develop, maintain, and implement systems and practices to secure the accuracy of database information and monitor the data quality.
- Serve as the primary support contact for users on an ongoing basis.
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features, functionality, and integrations to provide recommendations for process improvements.
- All gifts, gift acknowledgments, reports, and reporting requirements.
- Prospective & current WRAG members' communication and contacts.
- WRAG Corporate Affinity group and iCSR activity and contacts.
- Support the development of automated membership applications, renewals, or resignations.
- Represent WRAG on the United Philanthropy Forum’s Knowledge Management Collaborative.
- Prepare new member packets and coordinate new member orientations.
- Develop organization-wide policies and procedures for the use of Salesforce, listservs, and other WRAG marketing and email service platforms.
- Assist the Director, Member Experience with revenue grant applications as necessary.
- Assist with membership revenue reports to the President & CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Develop appealing and effective membership collateral that promotes WRAG’s identity and mission, including WRAG’s commitment to racial equity.
- Coordinate the marketing, ongoing communication, and meeting logistics for WRAG’s Corporate Affinity Groups and other meetings as necessary.
Lead WRAG communications and marketing efforts (50%)
- Assist in the development, execution, and maintenance of a communications plan and communications/social media calendar that increases WRAG’s visibility and reach.
- Effectively promote and advance the activities of WRAG, its members, and relevant local social change.
- Serve as webmaster for www.washingtongrantmakers.org and other organizational websites as assigned.
- Develop communications materials for WRAG websites, social media channels, Weekly WRAG, and print in a consistent and timely manner.
- Develop performance metrics for communications strategies that increase WRAG’s visibility as a leader and convener in local philanthropy and a hub for nonprofits seeking fiscal sponsorship.
- Modernize the communication and use of WRAG’s brand.
- Support the Director, Member Experience in leading a collaborative rebranding process.
- Leverage data from Salesforce and other member feedback loops to develop communications strategies that increase membership and member engagement.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and work of WRAG, including the pursuit of racial equity.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization, preferably an organization with a focus on racial equity or racial justice.
- Technological bravery and competence. Someone who will explore technology to determine the best organizational use.
- Previous experience in member management, development, or marketing/communications.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram), and willingness to learn new applications.
- Proficient with a graphic design platform (i.e., Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, CorelDraw, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and editing skills.
- Self-motivation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines in a temporary remote work environment
- Experience in managing private and public cloud environments a plus.
- Experience with Drupal web content management a plus but not required.
Salary Range & Benefits
WRAG offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 403(b), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment:
- 6% 403(b) employer contribution
- Comprehensive holiday, vacation, and sick leave benefits
- 100% Health, Dental, and Term Life employee premiums/ 70% dependent premiums
How to Apply
Email your resume & cover letter to Rodriguez@WashingtonGrantmakers.org with “Associate MC” in the subject line.