Position: Associate Manager (or Manager DOQ), Global Insights
Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose® (CECP) is a trusted advisor to companies on their corporate purpose journeys to build long-term sustainable value and tell their impact stories. Working with CEOs and leaders in corporate responsibility, sustainability, foundations, investor relations, finance, legal, and communications, CECP shares actionable insights with its CEO-led coalition to address stakeholder needs. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP is a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in total community investment, 14 million employees, and $21 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their strategy by providing benchmarking and analysis, convenings, and strategy and communications across the areas of societal/community investment, employee engagement, environmental social governance (ESG)/sustainable business, diversity equity inclusion (DEI), and telling the story.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
Associate Manager, Global Insights, leads the Knowledge Management strategy, Global Exchange (GX) and supports Corporate Insights & Engagement teams’ programmatic strategy for CSR/ESG executives. This role leads CECP’s Global Exchange research by translating a rich repository of global quantitative and qualitative data collected from 150+ global companies into actionable insights. The Associate Manager serves as a trusted advisor to CECP companies trying to make the case for raising their financial commitment and improving the strategy of their community programs. This role works cross-functionally to implement the organization’s knowledge management strategy and serves as SME for CECP’s Centers of Excellence. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Insights and will have one direct report.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement CECP’s knowledge-management strategy, including processes for responding to member inquiries and requests for support (benchmarking & measurement, fast-track consulting, insights and research) and platforms (internal Knowledge Library, member database and MyCECP Knowledge Center)
- Provide direct consultative support to CSR executives through the execution of company request cases and advanced advisory projects within SME area.
- Effectively leverage CECP data, subject matter expertise and secondary research to meet member needs and advance engagement by ensuring insights are informative, well curated, timely and relevant.
- Develop and maintain understanding of the global CSR organization landscape most relevant to large companies.
- Direct the programming and international expansion of CECP’s GX network from end to end, including understanding market dynamics, building a pipeline, evaluating new partnership opportunities, negotiating agreements, and seeing the project through to execution.
- Serve as lead author for the GX’s annual research; authorship responsibilities include collecting data from companies to highlight key local, regional, and global social investment activities and Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) trends, with an emphasis on these investments’ support of the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Research and write topical pieces to serve CECP members and GX partners
- Document CECP model, methods, and procedures to share best practices within the GX network, while also supporting this process for other affiliates to share their best practices.
This job is for you if you have
- Minimum 5 years professional, relevant experience; (candidates with 5-7 years of professional, relevant experience would be considered as a Manager); Bachelor and Master degrees preferred or equivalent applicable training, certification, or advanced education;
- Passion for CECP’s mission and relevant experience inside a company or working with companies in corporate responsibility, sustainability, and/or ESG;
- Strong subject matter expertise in CECP’s Centers of Excellence: expertise in societal/community investment and employee engagement is required; expertise in environmental social governance (ESG)/sustainable business, diversity equity inclusion (DEI), and telling the story is beneficial;
- Well-honed project management skills; experience working across functions to successfully drive projects from concept to execution;
- Experience building and managing partnerships;
- Experience with research methods, including both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Proven ability to work remotely and independently driven by a strong self-motivation to take ownership of growth and achievements;
- Ability to travel (≈25%);
- Experience managing individuals;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously;
- Outstanding communication skills for both virtual and in-person channels with paramount attention to cultural sensitivities;
- Bilingual required.
Compensation and benefits
CECP offers a competitive salary of $75,000-$95,000 and benefits package for the nonprofit sector that reflects the high expectations and level of responsibility of this role. CECP is a high performance, results-driven culture that offers work/life fit to its staff. CECP staff is currently working remotely and CECP will continue to offer ongoing remote work flexibility once in-office days resume. This role is required to attend/may have travel for quarterly all-staff meetings in-person once they resume.
CECP is an equal opportunity employer. CECP cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.