Position: Associate Manager, ESG & Sustainable Business Insights
Location: New York, NY
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000/year, depending on experience
Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose® (CECP) is a trusted advisor to companies on their corporate purpose journeys to build long-term sustainable value and tell their impact stories. Working with CEOs and leaders in corporate responsibility, sustainability, foundations, investor relations, finance, legal, and communications, CECP shares actionable insights with its CEO-led coalition to address stakeholder needs. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP is a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in total community investment, 14 million employees, and $21 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their strategy by providing benchmarking and analysis, convenings, and strategy and communications across the areas of societal/community investment, employee engagement, environmental social governance (ESG)/sustainable business, diversity equity inclusion (DEI), and telling the story.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
Associate Manager, ESG & Sustainable Business Insights, leads the insights strategy on long-termism for capital markets, sustainable finance and investing, investor relations, and ESG performance and disclosures. The Associate Manager serves as a trusted advisor to CECP companies and will work with their corporate leaders across a range of corporate functions including corporate social impact, sustainability, corporate responsibility (CR), DEI, ESG, CEO, and investor relations teams to make the case for sustainable value creation. This role will serve as a subject matter expert on ESG/Sustainable Business in research, best practices, and insights, and must have deep understanding of the intersection of ESG and capital markets. This position will contribute directly to the future of how CECP supports companies and influences the evolution of the many corporate purpose fields to create a better world through business. This role reports to the Director of Corporate Insights and will have at least one direct report.
Content Creation on ESG/Sustainable Business
- Create proprietary educational content to enhance company knowledge around key trends and understanding of how to harness capital markets to transition to a sustainable economy; this includes ESG Company Snapshot, ESG Insights Brief, Long-Term Disclosure Assessments, presentations for company executives and boards; curated briefings and industry-specific insights
- Develop project management plans and ensure evolving product management for affiliated companies
- Research and write topical pieces and reports to serve companies and partners; partner cross-team on survey development (annual and Pulse surveys) on material ESG issues/frameworks
- Lead content creation and curation for online platforms (e.g., websites, MyCECP platform, LinkedIn), sharing the best knowledge and insights with affiliated companies and developing content for knowledge library
- Analyze financial market data sources (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar), non-financial information, and ESG frameworks to develop content and services for companies
- Lead and evolve partnerships with external organizations, topical, industry and trade associations, vendors, and other leaders in the field.
Company Connections to CECP’s ESG Products/Services
- Provide direct consultative support to executives through fast-track consulting on company requests, customized analysis, and benchmarking and Advanced Advisories on ESG/Sustainable Business
- Deliver to executives ESG/Sustainable Business products/services, including Long-Term Disclosure Assessments and ESG Snapshots; provide feedback to companies on their disclosures against CECPs Long-Term Plan framework
- Deliver recommendations on ESG frameworks and other sustainable value trends in the context of commitment to, delivery of and/or interest in better understanding long-term disclosures
- Present at CECP convenings, external partner conferences and other events in partnership with other ESG and investor-focused organizations and audiences.
This job is for you if you have
- Minimum 5 years professional, relevant experience (candidates with 5-7 years of professional, relevant experience would be considered as a Manager); Bachelor and Master degrees preferred or equivalent applicable training, certification, or advanced education;
- Passion for CECP mission and relevant experience inside a company or working with companies in corporate responsibility, sustainability, and/or ESG;
- Subject matter expertise in ESG/sustainable business required, and preferred in other CECP Centers of Excellence societal/community investments, employee engagement, and DEI;
- Familiarity with financial market data sources (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar) and ESG frameworks; SASB Certification preferred
- Expertise in data insights, quantitative analysis, and research to analyze a wide range of financial and non-financial information;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for both virtual and in-person meetings;
- Experience in managing multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, with dedication to excellence and accuracy;
- Proven ability to work remotely, independently driven by a strong self-motivation to take ownership of growth and achievements;
- Ability to travel (≈10%) when travel resumes;
- Employee supervisory experience, including hiring, coaching, and developing teams;
- Experience building and managing partnerships;
- Expertise in balancing execution and entrepreneurial opportunities with a rapidly growing and dynamic team; high-energy and collaborative spirit with roll-up-your-sleeves workstyle.
Starting salary is $75,000 - $85,000/year, depending on experience.
CECP offers a competitive salary and benefits package for the nonprofit sector that reflects the high expectations and level of responsibility of this role. CECP is a high performance, results-driven culture that offers work/life fit to its staff. CECP staff is currently working remotely through December 2021, and CECP will continue to offer ongoing remote work flexibility. This role is required to attend quarterly all-staff meetings in person once they resume.
CECP is an equal opportunity employer and cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.