Position: Associate Manager, Coalition Engagement
Location: New York, NY
Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose® (CECP) is a trusted advisor to companies on their corporate purpose journeys to build long-term sustainable value and tell their impact stories. Working with CEOs and leaders in corporate responsibility, sustainability, foundations, investor relations, finance, legal, and communications, CECP shares actionable insights with its CEO-led coalition to address stakeholder needs. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP is a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in total community investment, 14 million employees, and $21 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their strategy by providing benchmarking and analysis, convenings, and strategy and communications across the areas of societal/community investment, employee engagement, environmental social governance (ESG)/sustainable business, diversity equity inclusion (DEI), and telling the story.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
Associate Manager, Coalition Engagement, advances CECP by leading growth-oriented strategies in relationship management, sponsorship, and other engagement opportunities for CECP companies. Position reports to Director, Corporate Engagement. This position will have one direct report.
- Lead organization-wide relationship management processes, systems, and reporting
- Manage cultivation strategy of CECP companies and their teams to support their goals, including developing and leading onboardings, annual meetings, and additional touch points to engage CECP companies in CECP programs and mission
- Develop and execute engagement strategies related to Giving in Numbersparticipation, including creating strategic target lists, leading on messaging, and recommending outreach tactics, timing, and integration
- Lead the renewals process in partnership with Operations and Communications
- Share coalition insights across the CECP team to ensure coordinated relationship management efforts
- Manage sponsorship recruitment, renewal and outreach strategies, including identifying prospects, responding to inquiries, building pipelines, creating sell-sheets and other collateral, and conducting outreach
- Lead the delivery of sponsorship benefits across all sponsorship offerings
- Identify and support new and deeper engagement opportunities for CECP companies through customer discovery
- Support company engagement in areas of subject matter expertise (SME), as needed
This job is for you if you have
- Passion for business’ role in society, and interest in supporting CECP’s mission to create a better world through business;
- Experience working in/with large companies in corporate social responsibility (CSR), ESG, philanthropy, and/or corporate community engagement fields;
- Experience in building and managing company relationships; prefer expertise in recruitment, sales, business development, and/or fundraising; ability to travel extensively as needed;
- Judgement, presence, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills suitable for working with senior corporate executives both virtually and in-person;
- Roll-up-your-sleeves, solutions-oriented, entrepreneurial attitude; proven ability to work remotely and independently driven by a strong self-motivation to take ownership of growth and achievements;
- Experience in strategic leadership and project management with dedicationto excellence and accuracy;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience; 4-year undergraduate degree required.
Compensation and benefits
CECP offers a competitive salary of $75,000-$85,000 and a benefits package for the nonprofit sector that reflects the high expectations and level of responsibility of this role. CECP is a high performance, results-driven culture that offers work/life fit to its staff. CECP staff is currently working remotely through January 2022, and CECP will continue to offer ongoing remote work flexibility. This role is required to attend quarterly all-staff meetings in person once they resume.
CECP is an equal opportunity employer. CECP cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.