Position: Associate of Development
Organization: Council on Foundations
Location: Washington, DC
The Council on Foundations exists to help philanthropy be a strong and trusted partner in advancing the common good. Building on our 70-year history, we are charting a course for the field where funders display high integrity, earn and maintain the public's trust and serve as excellent stewards of philanthropic resources. We imagine a world where givers of all kinds are sophisticated and vital players in creating more equitable communities and a better world.
Working with the Development Director, the Development Associate helps ensure the Council has the financial resources needed to support our members and the philanthropic sector. The Associate will assist with grant reports; conduct prospect research on potential supporters; lead event sponsorship fundraising; and own all development administration and scheduling tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fundrasing Deliverables (40%)
- Lead event sponsorship fundraising, including coordinating with the programs team, prospecting, drafting collateral, making asks, tracking sponsorship benefits, creating post-event reports, and maintaining all sponsorship administration.
- Understand Council initiatives to develop concept notes for priority programs.
- Manage grant reporting processes, including generating content, tracking timelines, and coordinating stakeholder input across the organization.
- Research potential funders and assess fit based on connections to Council’s mission.
Fundraising Administration (50%)
- Own all administration related to grants and sponsorships, including drafting donor acknowledgements, payment processing, Salesforce data entry, and web updates.
- Schedule meetings, take notes, and follow up on action items with key stakeholders.
- Maintain grants calendar to ensure timely submission of deliverables
Fundraising Systems (10%)
- Support departmental policies and processes that ensure efficiency and transparency.
- Create easy-to-read updates or reports to inform staff of fundraising progress.
- We’re seeking a relationship-oriented individual who excels at managing competing projects, maintaining efficient administrative systems, and communicating effectively.
- 1-3 years relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit fundraising environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; Some database experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, adapt to change and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of working styles and with people at all levels.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and enjoys working both independently and as part of a team.
- Interest and curiosity about the field of philanthropy
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range of $50,000-$60,000
- Competitive benefits
|Associate Development 1019_Council on Foundations.docx||47.48 KB|