Position: Associate, Company Measurement
Location: New York, NY
Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose® (CECP) is a trusted advisor to companies on their corporate purpose journeys to build long-term sustainable value and tell their impact stories. Working with CEOs and leaders in corporate responsibility, sustainability, foundations, investor relations, finance, legal, and communications, CECP shares actionable insights with its CEO-led coalition to address stakeholder needs. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders, CECP is a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $11.2 trillion in revenues, $23 billion in total community investment, 14 million employees, and $21 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their strategy by providing benchmarking and analysis, convenings, and strategy and communications across the areas of societal/community investment, employee engagement, environmental social governance (ESG)/sustainable business, diversity equity inclusion (DEI), and telling the story.
CECP commits to and promotes anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and with our affiliated companies and their leaders. We prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunities in a respectful environment for all individuals and partnerships, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental health, disability, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship, or any other status that may or may not be protected by law or local policies. We advocate as an organization and for our coalition companies to denounce racism, hate, injustice, and prejudice against individuals, communities, and around the world. We have written anti-racism, anti-discrimination, and diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. We do not discriminate in our societal, philanthropic, and business decisions; we encourage and support our affiliated companies to do the same.
Associate, Company Measurement is on the Corporate Insights and Engagement team. This role advances CECP's measurement advisory practice by maintaining data excellence, building digital delivery, analyzing data, and growing CECP’s technological and research capacity. This role reports to the Associate Manager, Corporate Research.
Coordinate and execute data collection:
- Implement the Giving in Numbers Survey, industry’s premiere questionnaire on corporate social investment, leading all stages of data collection including question development and cross-team input process, data cleansing, and ongoing oversight of survey instrument
- Execute new data collection on timely topics and in support of growth areas
- Collaborate with Insights team on data collection outreach and requests
- Strengthen crucial dataset and assist with research and data analysis. Support production of annual releases and ad-hoc research, data analysis, and survey projects across the CECP team. Lead weekly Pulse Survey content and schedule.
- Deliver digital data insights. Capitalize on existing data visualization platforms as well as custom-built system for CECP companies; opportunity to continually explore new tools; ensure data is delivered with strong attention to data security
- Support growth and maintenance of CECP’s Valuation Guidance. Maintain materials, answer company questions, conduct landscape analysis, expand Guidance for growth, and provide trainings
- Contribute to advisory services. Support group (Accelerate Communities, Roundtables) and one-on-one engagements to advance companies’ using measurement as a tool to achieve success
- Support database management and governance. Support accurate syncing across data storage platforms with a strong attention to detail and data security
- Work with various vendors to support data collection, data integrity and data analysis/visualizations
- Create and quality assure data, widgets, and dashboards
- Coordinate project plan development and completion
- Lead Giving in Numbersoutreach and analysis of outputs
- Provide support to designated Centers of Excellence
- Report to CECP’s Associate Manager, Corporate Research
This job is for you if you have:
- 2 years of relevant data collection, survey, analysis, and/or research experience in corporate/private sector or public sector/nonprofit sector;
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA, MPA, or other advanced degree a plus;
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel; experience with back-end and front-end of cloud-based data collection and business intelligence tools; experience project managing and speaking the language of technology vendors/engineers;
- Past experience in the technical skills to sync data between source and database (g.,SQL, Access coding/programming) is preferred but not required;
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy, with a high-level of attention to detail and excellent written, interpersonal skills;
- Passion for business’ role in society; knowledge of key areas in corporate social responsibility
Salary range is $55,000-$60,000 based on experience.
CECP offers a competitive salary and benefits package for the nonprofit sector that reflects the high expectations and level of responsibility of this role. CECP is a high performance, results-driven culture that offers work/life fit to its staff. CECP staff is currently working remotely through January 2022, and CECP will continue to offer ongoing remote work flexibility. This role is required to attend quarterly all-staff meetings in person once they resume.
CECP is an equal opportunity employer. CECP cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.