Position: Area Executive Director
Location: Washington, DC; Detroit, MI; San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA
Responsible for leading, developing and driving the comprehensive vision, fundraising and growth strategies to secure funding (annually $25M to $100M) within a specific area and in alignment with the territory strategy. Partners with the territory to identify, cultivate, solicit/close and steward high wealth donors, corporations, partnerships, individual volunteers, donors and supporters with purpose of growing existing revenue sources and creating new revenue opportunities. Leads and drives results through an integrated cross-divisional team for one of ALSAC’s thirty one areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s preferred
- Six or more years of experience in fund-raising including previous experience through levels of progressive management responsibility, i.e., supervision, budgeting, strategic planning, organizational development, cost control, manpower allocation, special events fundraising, etc.
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- Successful accomplishments with increasing responsibilities in senior level leadership positions
- Demonstrated effective, professional relationships with internal and external key teams
- Interactions with people of high wealth and influence
- Knowledge of community development best practices and issues
- Knowledge of philanthropic communities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the unexpected
- Self-directed and capable of working independently with limited oversight
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
- Ability to speak publicly
- Ability to understand extremely complex verbal or written instructions and execute on those instructions
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.