Position: Administrative Support Associate
Organization: Maine Philanthropy Center
Deadline: March 12th
The Maine Philanthropy Center (MPC) is an association of grantmakers with the mission to provide opportunity, leadership, and support to advance the effectiveness of philanthropy in Maine. MPC promotes shared learning and collaborative action among a network of 70+ grantmaker members. Central to our work is the belief that the integration of diversity, equity, and inclusivity practices is imperative to success Since its inception, MPC has also served as a bridge between the grantmaking community and the nonprofit sector, through interactive programs, informational resources such as the Directory of Maine Grantmakers, workshops on foundation research, and the popular biennial Philanthropy Partners Conference. MPC provides additional support for over 300 associate members, including nonprofit organizations and consultants and advisors to the field of philanthropy.
Office Support (25%)
- Serve as front line assistance for phone and email inquiries
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Process and track registrations, product sales and all accounts receivables and preparations for the MPC bookkeeper
- Provide friendly customer service and problem-solving for inquiries regarding program registration, product sales and website member access
- Oversee purchasing of office supplies and maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain the merchant account relationship and the processing of credit card payments
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Membership & Programs and Senior Manager, Information Systems & Research regarding Drupal website needs
- Act as a general information liaison between the MPC and others, maintaining a general knowledge of the organizational calendar, meetings, and events
- Support CEO in preparation of board meeting packets, board meeting logistics, and communication with board members (4 times a year)
Membership & Communications Support (35%)
- Manage the membership renewal process, which includes sending membership renewal letters, processing payment, updating payment records, and sending thank you letters.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate member and revenue records to review with President & CEO, including reconciling QuickBooks & Salesforce
- Work with Senior Manager, Membership and Programs to on-board new members, including processing payment, sending thank you letters, and updating database and website with member information
Event Support (40%)
- Add upcoming programs, webinar recordings, and programming resources to website in a timely fashion
- Manage registration for webinars and events, including providing registration support
- Support back-end programming logistics, including providing live tech support during webinars, taking notes during calls/webinars, and tracking webinar attendance in our database
- Provide logistical support to Senior Manager, Membership & Programs for in-person convenings, including assisting with finding meeting space, organizing catering, and assembling materials (such as name tags and meeting packets)
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in an equivalent position, preference for work at a nonprofit organization, membership association, or equivalent
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of their work
- Strategic thinking, analytical skills, curiosity, and the ability to consider diverse perspectives and exercise excellent judgment
- Ability to develop plans, set priorities, and implement overarching business strategies, as well as specific, targeted projects
- A proven ability to maintain a cooperative, supportive, and productive relationship with staff, members, volunteers, and key external stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and has a joy for proofreading
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business and affairs of the association and use appropriate discretion in working with others
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Drupal website, MailChimp, Office365, MailMerge and Salesforce experience a plus.
Other Position Information
This is a part-time (20hr/week), salaried position at $18/hour. Partial healthcare, vision and dental coverage for the employee, a 6% retirement contribution, and generous paid leave policy included in the benefits package provided.
Applicants should send a brief cover letter outlining their interest & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RE: Administrative Support Associate” by March 12th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. Ideal anticipated start date April 15th.