Position: Administrative Associate
Organization: United Philanthropy Forum
Location: Washington, DC
Do you want to put your administrative skills to work for a mission-driven organization working to strengthen philanthropy’s impact across the country? Then join the growing United Philanthropy Forum team!
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, the Administrative Associate provides administrative, operational, communication and member service support to ensure the effectiveness of the Forum in achieving our mission and vision. The role and its responsibilities will have a particular emphasis on administrative support of senior staff. Working in collaboration with Forum staff, the Administrative Associate will play a key role in ensuring that the Forum operates in an efficient and professional manner and provides outstanding service and support to our members, partners and other key stakeholders.
The position requires a person who can work effectively across a wide range of activities, from highly strategic to detailed administrative tasks. The Administrative Associate will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours) position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary starting in the low 50s and negotiable based on skills and experience, with a competitive benefits package including health coverage and a retirement plan.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, arrange travel, and handle expense reporting and tracking for senior staff, primarily the CEO and Senior Vice President.
- Schedule and coordinate preparation of materials and communications for board and committee meetings and calls.
- Take accurate meeting minutes and create timely reports for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain all corporate files and correspondence records.
- Coordinate the Forum’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process, working with the Forum’s outside bookkeeper and accountant.
- Coordinate the administration of employee benefits, working with the Forum’s benefits broker.
- Handle mail processing and general office management duties.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in our database and electronic files.
- Develop and manage office systems and files.
- Provide key administrative and logistical support for the Forum’s annual conference, meetings and events.
- Serve as a staff liaison for the Forum’s Finance & Administration Peer Community.
- All other duties as assigned.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with managing calendars, travel, and expense reports.
- Experience handling general office management duties.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience using customer relationship management systems and databases; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks and projects, and ability to prioritize.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to, and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Sense of humor and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
The Forum team has identified the following core competencies as critical for our work:
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Supporting Organizational Goals
We have identified the following role competencies as critical for this position:
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Financial Acumen
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
|Forum Administrative Associate 2018.pdf||188.71 KB|