Position: Administrative Associate
Organization: United Philanthropy Forum
Location: Washington, DC
Do you take pride in your organizational and time management skills? Are you a skilled user of the latest Microsoft Office technology tools? Do you have a background in administering employee benefits in a small staff environment? Are you successful team contributor? If this describes you, then we are looking for your professional assistance.
Our Administrative Associate manages the day-to-day operations of our office—organizing and maintaining files and records; planning and scheduling meetings, appointments and travel; preparation of accounts payable and receivable materials; and, conducting research and participating with cross-functional team members on select projects.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours) position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary starting in the middle 50s and negotiable based on skills and experience, with a competitive benefits package including health coverage and a retirement plan.
As the largest and most diverse network in American philanthropy, United Philanthropy Forum holds a unique position in the social sector to help increase philanthropy’s impact in communities across the country. We are a membership organization of more than 75 philanthropy associations and networks, representing 7,000 foundations and other funders, who work to make philanthropy better. The Forum envisions a courageous philanthropic sector that catalyzes a just and equitable society where all can participate and prosper.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, arrange travel, and handle expense reporting and tracking for senior staff, primarily the CEO and Senior Vice President.
- Schedule and coordinate preparation of materials and communications for board and committee meetings and calls.
- Take accurate meeting minutes and create timely reports for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain all corporate files and correspondence records.
- Coordinate the Forum’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process, working with the Forum’s outside bookkeeper and accountant.
- Coordinate the administration of employee benefits, working with the Forum’s benefits broker.
- Handle mail processing and general office management duties.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in our database and electronic files.
- Develop and manage office systems and files.
- Provide key administrative and logistical support for the Forum’s annual conference, meetings and events.
- Serve as a staff liaison for the Forum’s Finance & Administration Peer Community.
- All other duties as assigned.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with managing calendars, travel, and expense reports.
- Experience handling general office management duties.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience using customer relationship management systems and databases; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks and projects, and ability to prioritize.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to, and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Sense of humor and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
The Forum team has identified the following core competencies as critical for our work:
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Supporting Organizational Goals
We have identified the following role competencies as critical for this position:
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Financial Acumen
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
|Forum Administrative Associate February 2019.pdf||179.2 KB|