Position: Communications and Marketing Director
Organization: PEAK Grantmaking
Location: Washington, DC
PEAK Grantmaking is a vibrant, member-led community of professionals who specialize in grants management for funding organizations. We elevate the expertise of grants management professionals and foster their collaboration to strengthen the practice of grantmaking. We enable philanthropy to achieve its full potential to fuel change for good. We are the only organization dedicated solely to advancing the how of grantmaking.
Our staff team of experts in their respective fields work together—in our Washington, D.C., office and from remote locations—to empower our members.
The Communications and Marketing director guides the organization’s outreach to its members, profession, and larger field of philanthropy. This outreach includes PEAK Grantmaking’s website, marketing materials, presentations, products, articles/publications, social media, and branding. The director works closely with colleagues throughout the organization to help ensure that PEAK Grantmaking’s audiences fully understand the overarching value of the organization as well as the breadth and benefit of specific resources available to them through PEAK Grantmaking. The director also facilitates communication among PEAK Grantmaking’s management and staff.
PEAK Grantmaking’s Communications and Marketing director reports to the chief operating officer and manages the work of a Communications and Marketing specialist.
- Developing, implementing with help from the communications and marketing specialist, and refreshing (as appropriate) a communications and marketing plan that reaches target PEAK Grantmaking audiences with information and messaging about the organization’s value, programs, products, and resources.
- Writing messaging, marketing materials, articles, newsletter and web content, executive remarks, and board materials, as appropriate.
- Editing and supervising production of products and materials, including hiring and managing consultants, as appropriate.
- Overseeing communications and marketing aspects of major initiatives and special projects.
- Providing advice and counsel on all external-facing projects.
- Creating and implementing plans and products to foster greater internal communications.
- Managing the work and professional development of a communications and marketing specialist.
- A five-year track record of demonstrated success with communications and marketing responsibilities similar to those above.
- Experience developing and implementing communications and marketing strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrable strong written and oral communications skills; solid editing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven experience with audience segmentation and targeted messaging.
- Knowledge about prevailing practices for website and social media communications.
- Prior successful responsibility for design, production, and brand management.
- Familiarity with media relations strategies and tactics.
- Experience creating and implementing internal communications strategies and tactics.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership skills, with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Prior management of at least one staff person and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of communications and marketing management experience.
- Association and/or foundation experience a plus.
$90,000 to $95,500, based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.