Fund the People created this toolkit to provide practical guidance, promising practices, and illustrative data to help funders, nonprofits, and others to maximize investments in the nonprofit workforce. Nonprofit people are nonprofit programs. Given this reality, supporting the nonprofit workforce is an effective strategy for increasing performance, impact, and sustainability.
The toolkit features six content areas to help funders and nonprofit organizations invest in the nonprofit workforce as a strategy for improving the impact and sustainability of the organizations:
- Case Making: making cogent arguments for investing in nonprofit talent
- How-To Guides: baking talent-investment into the work
- Field Stories: chronicling how funders invest in grantee talent
- Building an Inclusive Workforce: investing in equity and inclusion in the nonprofit workforce
- Discussion Guides: advancing productive dialogue on talent issues
- Resources: curated content from across the social sector