Get Social at FOTH using the hashtag #FOTH19
Follow @unitedphilforum throughout the conference!
Retweet our posts about FOTH’s events and key messages. Share your own stories using the #FOTH19 hashtag and the Twitter accounts of members of Congress you visit throughout the week - get these ready ahead of time, you can find them in the Congressional Directory which you will receive at the ACR Summit.
- Use #FOTH19 for any of your social media posts on Twitter or Facebook.
- Follow the Forum throughout Foundations on the Hill: Twitter: @unitedphilforum
General Tips for Live Reporting From FOTH and Your Hill Meetings
- Post only the most interesting quotes and stats presented by event speakers. Listen carefully and be selective. The goal is not to repeat verbatim all that is being said, but rather to share the most impressive highlights.
- Attribute when possible! For example, use a format like “[name/Twitter handle] says [statement]. #FOTH19”.
- Use the event hashtag (#FOTH19) in every tweet, update and post.
- Retweet the speakers and attendees that are also live reporting.
- Identify the twitter handles of the members of Congress you will be meeting with and use that in your tweets about your meeting. Don’t forget to share a picture!
- Have fun and think of it as a way to journal your experience at Foundations on the Hill!
Top 5 Ways to Get You Started
#1 Tweet a photo with your member of Congress or staff
#2 Tweet out a thank you to your member or Congress and/or staff
#3 Tweet a quote or something that you hear that’s interesting
#4 Tweet about the issues that you care about, but keep it short and sweet
#5 Tweet a photo of your delegation outside of the Capitol building
- Thrilled to be in DC for Foundations on the Hill talking about CA philanthropy’s role as a partner that leverages public investments to greater impact #FOTH19
- An SECF #FOTH19 isn't complete without a visit to @repjohnlewis. Thank you to every lawmaker and staffer who met with us!
- Appreciated time w/offices of @SenToomey @RepBillShuster @RepTimMurphy @USRepMikeDoyle to review incentives for charitable giving #FOTH19
- Thanks @RepJimBanks for meeting with community foundation leaders to hear how philanthropy positively affect's Indiana's District 3! #FOTH19
- Our #FOTH19 team w/ @SenCoryGardner ensuring tax reform keeps giving incentives widely available @ElPomarFdtn @BoettcherFdn @acoorsfdn