At United Philanthropy Forum’s 2022 Annual Membership Meeting on July 19, 2022 in Seattle, WA, the Forum’s membership elected five new members to the Forum’s Board of Directors for three-year terms:
- Kyle Caldwell, President & CEO, Council of Michigan Foundations
- Ann Esteban, Vice President, Finance, SoCal Grantmakers
- Erik R. Stegman (Carry the Kettle First Nation Nakoda), Chief Executive Officer, Native Americans in Philanthropy
- Eddie Torres, President & CEO, Grantmakers in the Arts
- Marcus F. Walton, President & CEO, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
"The Forum is honored to welcome these five stellar philanthropy leaders to the Forum’s Board of Directors,” said Forum President & CEO David Biemesderfer. “They bring a valuable diversity of perspectives and skills that will serve the Forum well as we continue striving to achieve our vision of a courageous philanthropic sector that catalyzes a just and equitable society where all can participate and prosper.”
Also at the 2022 Annual Membership Meeting, Forum members honored four Directors who completed their board terms: Susan Taylor Batten, ABFE: Ret Boney, North Carolina Network of Grantmakers (formerly); Paul D. Daugherty, Exponent Philanthropy (formerly Philanthropy West Virginia); and Nick Deychakiwsky, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
“We are grateful to all four of these committed individuals for their extensive commitment of their time and talents to the Forum,” said Amanda Misiko Andere, Chair of the Forum’s Board of Directors. “Their contributions will live far beyond their time on the Board.”
Prior to the 2022 Annual Membership Meeting, United Philanthropy Forum’s Board of Directors elected a new slate of officers for the next year:
- Chair: Amanda Misiko Andere, CEO, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Vice Chair: Kristen Cambell, Executive Director, Philanthropy for Active Civic Engagement (PACE)
- Treasurer: Andreason Brown, Chief Financial Officer, Spencer Foundation
- Secretary: Deborah Aubert Thomas, President & CEO, Philanthropy Ohio
“I’m honored to continue leading the Forum’s Board of Directors at a time when the role of philanthropy-serving organizations has never been more vital to the field,” said Andere.“The Forum will continue working to support regional and national PSOs as effective leadership organizations and leading them to collaborate together effectively to advance the philanthropy field."