Reproductive Rights and Philanthropy
In the wake of recent retrenchments in access to abortion, a vital component of reproductive healthcare, many philanthropy-serving-organizations (PSOs) and their members are sharing resources for bolstering access.
The Forum has collected statements from PSOs in support of abortion rights along with policy recommendations and noted nonprofits and advocacy organizations leading on this issue.
PSO Policies and Examples
- Association for Black Foundation Executives Funder Briefing – Black Women’s Reproductive Rights
- CHANGE Philanthropy – Partners Respond to SCOTUS Overturning Roe v. Wade
- Funders Concerned About AIDS – Abortion is Healthcare. Abortion is a Right.
- Northern California Grantmakers – Five Opportunities for Philanthropy to Protect and Expand Abortion Access in a Post-Roe v Wade World
- Northern California Grantmakers – California’s Reproductive Justice Future: Moving Money + Building Power
- Environmental Grantmakers Association – Reworking our Social Contract After Roe, Wade and Dobbs v Jackson
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues – We Will Not Betray Each Other: Spring Message from Saida Agostini-Bostic
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations – Facing a World without Roe: How Effective Grantmaking Combats Inequity
- Grantmakers in the Arts’ statement regarding the Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Grantmakers in Health – On the Precipice: Why Health Funders Should Care about Abortion Access
- Hispanics in Philanthropy Statement On U.S. Supreme Court Decision On Abortion
- National Center for Family Philanthropy Member Blog – Open Letter to Family Philanthropists: Please, Invest in Our Democracy While We Still Can
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy – Roe Decision a Wake-Up Call for Philanthropy
- Philanthropy Network of Greater Philadelphia – The End of Roe: How Should Philanthropy Respond?
- Philanthropy New York Statement and Resources
- Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers - Gender Justice: Maternal Health & the Right to Choose (recording)
- Women’s Funding Network – Join Bold Philanthropic Pledge to Protect Abortion Access and Reproductive Justice
- Women’s Funding Network – Statement in Response to the Supreme Court Ruling on the Texas Abortion Ban