RA Policy Work in Action
- Philanthropy Ohio Opposes Healthy Ohio Waiver - Read Claudia Herrold’s blog post to learn about Philanthropy Ohio’s rationale for opposing the waiver.
- Another Day, Still No State Budget for Illinois - Blog post and action alert from Forefront.
- Why Should We Care About Tax Policy? - Read this policy blog written in collaboration with Kyle Caldwell, Johnson Center for Philanthropy; Rob Collier, Council of Michigan Foundations and Donna Murray-Brown, Michigan Nonprofit Association.
- Policy in Focus - View the latest policy update from the Minnesota Council on Foundations on the end of the state's legislative session and more.
- Weekly Download - Learn more about Michigan’s new state budget and what it means for issues of importance to philanthropy in the state.
- Will Philanthropy Join in the Fight to Vote? - Philanthropy New York is hosting a conversation for interested funders featuring Brennan Center’s Michael Waldman, author of The Fight to Vote, as he provides a comprehensive look at past and present efforts to define and defend government based on “the consent of the governed.”
Nonprofit Vote Webinar - Staff and Election Activities: Do’s and Don’t’s
Nonprofit staff are often active participants in local politics. But the organizations they work for are prohibited from partisan political activity. So what should a conscientious staff member do to keep their private political activities and their work lives separate? This webinar will discuss guidelines for staff and helpful do’s and don’t’s on June 30 at 2 pm ET. Register Now
State Policy Update from the National Council of Nonprofits
Read the June 13 Nonprofit Advocacy Matters newsletter to see the latest on DOL overtime final rules and learn how this rule will impact government grants and contracts; scrutiny of education endowments; and unfunded state liabilities that are driving policy changes.