United Philanthropy Forum’s 2023 Key Metrics for Philanthropy-Serving Organizations report provides comprehensive benchmarking data and analyses on the finances, membership, services and programs, operations, and governance of regional and national philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs) — the associations and networks that provide vital leadership to the philanthropy sector. Key findings on PSO leadership, finances, membership, and programs include:
- PSO boards are becoming more diverse.
- Most PSOs are positive about the near-term economic outlook for their organizations.
- PSOs report high renewal rates.
- PSOs have returned to hosting their conferences in person.
- PSOs collaborate regularly with each other.
Findings presented in the Key Metrics report are based on the responses of 50 PSOs to United Philanthropy Forum’s 2023 Forum Compensation, Benefits & Key Metrics Survey. Respondents included regional PSOs and national PSOs focused on a funding issue, population group, philanthropic practice, or type of funder. This report is a companion report to the Compensation & Roles report on PSO employment practices that the Forum released earlier this year, based on additional learnings from the survey.