Monday, November 10, 2014
Over the past year, Northern California Grantmakers (NCG) has been implementing a new strategic direction that has emphasized the power of working collaboratively to develop comprehensive solutions for the challenges facing communities. After a deep look at its membership criteria, the Board recently approved an expansion of NCG's membership eligibility criteria.
In addition to NCG's existing members, NCG members will now include:
- Giving circles
- Population focused funds
- Individual donors and donor-advised funds
- Governmental entities (city, county, state or federal) or departments
- Philanthropic Consultants: including philanthropic management entities that offer grants management services and individual consultants who provide programmatic management to organizations that meet NCG's membership criteria.
- Nonprofit intermediary organizations whose primary function is to strengthen the nonprofit and/or philanthropic sector(s)
- Academic institutions that provide research and support to the philanthropic sector