The latest edition of our month-by-month advocacy guide is now available! The December 2017 edition of the Forum Policy Playbook focuses on the upcoming 2018 PolicyWorks Institute and Foundations on the Hill schedule for March 11-14 in Washington, DC. We look at why philanthropy-serving organizaions and their members should attend; what PSOs need to know to encourage member’s engagement and PSO team’s involvement; provide tips on how to organize and plan; and offer Forum member resources to help guide their efforts. These resources also provide examples of language and communication to be used to by PSOs to speak to volunteer leaders.
This edition includes:
- The Important Voice of the Foundation Leader
- Planning for an Impactful Congressional Visit
- Leave Behind Packets: Past Examples from Forum Members
- The Board’s Role in Advocacy
- What’s Happening in December: Congressional & State Calendars
- Key Legislative Issues
- PolicyWorks and #FOTH18 Overview
- Year-Round Advocacy Tips
The Forum Policy Playbook shares policy advocacy tools with our members every month to provide philanthropy serving organizations with practical tools and actionable plans to advance your policy work.