Thursday, November 20, 2014
Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers (ABAG) now offers a new Grant Writing resources webpage, which provides grantseekers with:
- Letter of Inquiry Format
- Grant Proposal Format
- Guide to the ABAG Grant Proposal Format
- Grant Report Format
These new resources replace ABAG's Common Grant Application Format and were developed by a Grant Format Revision Task Force comprised of ABAG members, AFP-Maryland, Maryland Nonprofits, and nonprofit professionals. Additionally, ABAG conducted interviews with grantmakers and with small-staffed nonprofit organizations.
ABAG also recently invited feedback from nonprofits on the experience of fundraising from Maryland foundations and corporations resulting in 136 respondents to the 2014 Nonprofit Survey. Some of the key findings include:
- Nonprofits want personal and frequent communication with grantmakers
- Nonprofits need general operating and infrastructure support to sustain and scale their work
- Nonprofits turn first to the Internet for information and appreciate online grant applications
- Nonprofits value and appreciate a simplified grant application process
- Nonprofits desire better feedback from funders after a proposal is rejected.