Regional associations of grantmakers are the premier resource for grantmakers seeking assistance, information, and community. As the Forum Network, regional associations comprise the largest network serving philanthropy. To find a regional association near you, please refer to our regional association locator.
Regional associations of grantmakers promote the growth and effectiveness of philanthropy to improve lives in their communities. They accomplish this by:
- Delivering educational programming and resources in order to strengthen grantmakers so they can meet community and global needs;
- Bringing together grantmakers, and coordinating grantmakers with grantseekers;
- Informing donors, their advisors, the media, and the general public about all forms of philanthropy;
- Communicating the value of philanthropy to local, state, and national policymakers and the media; and
- Sustaining and supporting all types and sizes of grantmakers, aiming to represent the majority of endowed giving organizations in their region.
Regionals also work together through the Forum on a number of collaborative initiatives, inluding D5, LearnPhilanthropy, and Project Streamline. The Forum has established a number of learning communitity for regional associations where peer knowledge exchange reduces duplication and increases impact. Our Knowledge Management initiative and PolicyWorks program are two prime examples.
Additionally, the Forum and its member curate a collection of resources specficically for grantmakers, known as the Knowledgebase. You can search the Knowledgebase on any regional association site or here on the Forum's site for sample documents, reports from the field, funder briefings, and more.