Discover the broader world of foundations that have few or no staff, and see where your foundation fits in. Based on insights gleaned from Exponent Philanthropy’s annual survey of leanly staffed foundations, this session will review trends in grantmaking practices, operations, compensation, investments, and governance, including:
- Advocacy, site visits, DAFs, and more—what grantmaking tactics are on the rise?
- How are foundation boards working to engage the next generation?
- What succession challenges are foundations encountering?
- What investment returns are foundations earning, and how are they balancing their portfolios?
- How are foundations compensating their board members and staff?