Wednesday, March 22, 2023 -
2:00pm to 3:00pm EDT
Add to Calendar
Join Grantmakers for Thriving Youth, Communities for Just Schools Fund, advocates, organizers and youth to discuss what it will take for young people to be holistically safe: physically, emotionally, psychologically, and intellectually safe. For without safety, there can be no opportunity to thrive.
- The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which increases investments in mental health services, but also promotes school hardening and youth surveillance measures that place Black and Brown students in particular at increased risk;
- How culture wars, police brutality, erasure of reproductive rights, and attacks on race and gender identity in schools diminish the safety of young people; and
- How funders can center the agency of young people in ensuring they have the safety and resources they need to thrive.
- Deanie Anyangwe, Policy Analyst, Youth Policy, Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Paris "Tree" Brown, Youth Organizer, Communities United
- Meyiya Coleman, Youth Organizer, Communities United
- Lukee Forbes, CLASP Change Partner, Compass Rose
- Angel Jackson, CLASP Changemaker, Houston, TX
- Clarence Okoh, Senior Policy Counsel & SSRC Just Tech Fellow, Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Jamie Koppel, Co-Director, Communities for Just Schools Fund
- Kathleen Traphagen, Lead Facilitator, Grantmakers for Thriving Youth
Thank you for your interest in this program. GTY's webinars and funder learning opportunities are made possible through the time and expertise of our presenters. In the spirit of transparency, GTY will make available the list of webinar participants to presenters upon request, unless the registrant requests to remain anonymous (to register anonymously for this program uncheck the box "show in roster").