Part I: What to Expect on the Hill
Hear from seasoned Hill staff about what they are thinking when they meet with constituents and what they want to hear from you. This session will discuss how to utilize the time you have with Congressional staff to convey your message and gain their understanding and support.
- Christine Calpin, Managing Director of Public Policy, Casey Family Programs
- Chasseny Lewis, Chief of Staff, Congresswoman Frederica Wilson (D-FL-24)
Part II: How to Run Effective Hill Meetings
What is the secret sauce for having a successful Hill meeting? This conversation will provide tips and advice from experienced FOTH participants on how to get the most out of your meetings with members of Congress.
- Matthew L. Evans, Director of Public Policy, United Philanthropy Forum
- Joanne Kelley, CEO, Philanthropy Colorado
- Karla Mercado, Senior Manager, Public Policy & Philanthropy California, Southern California Grantmakers
- Gilbert Miller, Immediate Past Chair, Southeastern Council of Foundations