This intimate gathering is for board members and senior staff of foundations that are considering or have decided to spend down their assets. Come with concerns and engage with experts and peers to learn about successful approaches and troubleshoot key challenges. Time will be spent in peer learning focused on exits and impact, stakeholder communication, talent development, and family connections, as well as the legacy of learning.
Draft agenda topics:
- Managing investments in the context of spend down
- Surprises along the way to sunset
- Exits and Impact: How to ensure durable impact while exiting
- Talent development and retention
- The legacy of learning: Building and sharing knowledge from the experience of exits