Whether you're working in-person, fully remote, or adapting to hybrid arrangements, chances are you're having to "manage up" on the daily. EPIP members persistently ask for support in developing this skill, and we are here to deliver.
Join EPIP and CompassPoint on July 25 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT for a highly interactive workshop on how to “manage up” without shutting down. Attendees will build self-advocacy and interpersonal leadership skills to feel empowered navigating positional power dynamics at work while advancing equity.
What to Expect
This is an interactive workshop, not a webinar! Our trainings come to life with your perspective, wisdom, and questions. There will be interactive exercises, small and large group discussions, and invitations to read out loud. Please show up ready to participate via video, audio, and chat. If your personal circumstances prevent this, we will adjust as needed.
We value your participation and want you to get the most out of our time together.
- Explore ways to discern the appropriate situations to “manage up”
- Develop a personal set of principles for giving and receiving feedback across positional power
- Identify ways to create space to advocate for yourself and others
- Explore how approaches to conflict are often rooted in dominant cultural values and start a shift toward new, more generative approaches
- Examine how your own identity, culture, and relationship to power inform your capacity to manage up
Attendees will not:
- Resolve all your work conflicts in 2 hours
- Solve harmful systems and governance structures within your organization
- Find easy solutions or quick fixes for your specific situations
This event is open to all philanthropic practitioners, especially those that are early- or mid-career.
- Non-member rate: $50
- EPIP member rate: FREE – Click here to log in and register.